ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anyone had a door replaced ?

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2000, 10:42 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

My Dad reversed into my car last week and I've just been given the good news that the door needs replaced.

Anyone had this done to their car and if so what sort of costs were involved and did they make a good job of it?

Stefan
Old 18 June 2000, 08:58 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Hi Stefan

My car goes in to be repaired tomorrow. I had someone open their door onto my passenger side door.

I won't need a whole new door, just the door skin + rub strips and door mirror cover. The best quote I got was from my main dealer. They quoted £300 + VAT and parts (which includes fitting and painting). I would reckon on around £700 - £800 for the whole job. Hope this gives you some idea of the cost.

Good result for Ferrari

Chris
Old 18 June 2000, 09:56 PM
j1mb0
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a bad scrape on my n/s front
bought second hand door (off RB5) for£90,had it painted for £90 and fitted it myself (3 hours) the only thing that was really hard was changing the glass over.
the door that i bought had all of the electrics and window motor.
Not too difficult for any semi mechanically minded person (me)
I got it from Central Subaru in Willenhall W. Mids and they had loads of second hand doors in stock (sorry don't have their no)
Hope this helps.
Jim.
Old 19 June 2000, 01:03 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Thank guys.

Just had a quote from a non-Subaru dealer for £750 and now patiently waiting on the quote from the Dealer.

It's an insurance job so the most my dad's going to have to pay is his excess. He's got his NCD protected, so it'll not be so bad.

How was the paint job on your cars? I guess they'll have to blend the paint into the rear door and front wing. I'm more worried that the paint job will look naff than the cost of the new door.

Yes Chris, it was a great result for Ferrari. A great driver always shows his class in the wet. David and Mika were completely pants as soon as the rain appeared.

Mika seems to be on a bit of a downer at the moment; I'd certainly have expected him to put up more of a fight than Coulthard.

Stefan