Sponsored by:

snooper sr6 neo

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2004, 05:32 PM
dumpling
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snooper sr6 neo

snooper sr6 neo cosco has this for £293 anybody know if this is a good price and a good piece of hardware
Old 03 March 2004, 06:57 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

got one and no complaints here, was down nottingham way and it started to flash up SPECS ive never seens a specs radar detector before so if it wasnt for the snooper id probably of been caught and there was about 15 of them
Old 03 March 2004, 08:33 PM
grabber
Scooby Regular

got 1 a fews weeks back like it a lot, saved my **** a few times ,got pulled twice last week , the "nice " police men didn't like it though, ahh shame

Last edited by grabber; 03 March 2004 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03 March 2004, 10:08 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

went to costco last sunday looking for one but I couldn't find any - could you tell me which costco it was
Old 03 March 2004, 10:18 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

I've got one, and it's saved me a couple of times.

Can't remember what i got mine for, but that sounds a pretty reasonable price.

John.
Old 03 March 2004, 11:07 PM
currymonster
Scooby Regular

my cousin paid about £500 quid fitted a year ago, sounds good to me.
Cal
Old 03 March 2004, 11:22 PM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Costco were doing em for £235 inc vat just before xmas. (Normal retail there is £299)
I bought one and found it wouldn't pick up any satellites whatsoever,so I made a call to Performance Products and they exchanged the unit and antenna (They said my unit was one of the latest batch which had compatibility issues with the antenna supplied).The new unit then intermittently worked and sometimes I could drive to work (6 miles) and it wouldn't find ANY satellites and others it would work from the off.I even had one journey where it took over 12 miles to locate the satellites.Not good when you consider I could have lost my license in those 12 miles if I'd been driving erratically and 'relying' on the unit to alert me!!
I eventually saw sense,took it back to Costco and got my money back.I know of quite a few people on here that use em without problems so perhaps I was just unlucky but for me,two faulty units ring alarm bells to me!!!!
I wasn't impressed with Performance Products customer service either and I will NOT purchase another Snooper product again!!!
If I were you,I'd buy the Origin B2 if you 'must' have a radar detector (It's much smaller and neat looking,the SR6 is big and bulky)

Good luck anyway

Nick
Old 03 March 2004, 11:48 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very happy with mine and it was £450 installed so you have a good price.
Sometimes slow to start working but nothing serious. Did a lot of research before I bought it and have not seen anything since, yet, that causes me to think it is not still a top buy.
Old 04 March 2004, 01:23 PM
Izzy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

No major problems with mine which I've had for a while now either

Only 2 issues are that the actual radar detector unit it comes with is based on an older model and is not very good at picking up the signals of revenue cameras facing away from you - ie the ones you want, on your side of the road ! Second thing is that not all fixed cameras are "known" to it via the downloads - so you cant rely on it 100%.

Mine's fine with locating the satalites, though sometimes it does take a couple of minutes.

Old 04 March 2004, 02:48 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

I've had a S6-R for about 18 months and to be honest its not that impressive. The radar detector is next to useless, the laser detector is just as useless as by the time the unit has bleeped, you're nicked : both the radar and laser detector are subject to lots of false alarms too. It's only any good really as a fixed camera detector and there are better ones on the market such as the Origin and Road Angel. Probably its redeeming feature is that you don't have to hook it up to a PC to download the latest camera locations, you can just plug it into a phone socket and use the built-in modem.
The best protection you can get is either the Origin/Road Angel coupled with a laser jammer like the LRC-100.
Old 04 March 2004, 07:10 PM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

Agree with MJW they are not the best and having seen two not picking anything up at all for several minutes of driving i wasnt convinced.

One guy has a fixed Gatso 200 mtrs from his entrance to his estate and the thing never once picked its location up,the same guy even stopped at a Police Laser site and asked them to point the unit at his car and it took 3 attempts before the S6 picked it up from 3 feet away,the company who distribute them is based in Runcorn Cheshire and when he drove direct to them to sort out his none working 2nd unit they didnt give a sh#t and told him to take it back to Costco.Who said customer service was dead,LOL

Still at least whoever owns the product is driving around in a nice Porsche Boxster 'S' with the reg plate S6 NEO from the profits.