Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haddocks Subaru, Ardleigh For Servicing ?

Search this Thread

Old 29 February 2004, 05:55 PM
dave-rb5
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Haddocks Subaru, Ardleigh For Servicing ?

Hi,

Having purchased my RB5 from Osborne's in Colchester, who are no longer a Subaru dealer, it is that time for a service again and was wondering if anybody has used Haddocks at Ardleigh for servicing yet ?

Any good or bad reports would be good to know, or where other people who used to have there servicing done at Osborne's now go ? Has to be a main Subaru dealer to keep warranty intact and in either Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambrideshire or Essex.

Your help appreciated

Dave

PS : This is probably in the wrong section, but hoped it may get more response than in the dealer section.
Old 01 March 2004, 12:30 AM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dave-rb5
Hi,

Having purchased my RB5 from Osborne's in Colchester, who are no longer a Subaru dealer, it is that time for a service again and was wondering if anybody has used Haddocks at Ardleigh for servicing yet ?

Any good or bad reports would be good to know, or where other people who used to have there servicing done at Osborne's now go ? Has to be a main Subaru dealer to keep warranty intact and in either Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambrideshire or Essex.

Your help appreciated

Dave

PS : This is probably in the wrong section, but hoped it may get more response than in the dealer section.
Dave

I know a couple of people who've used them so far... and their comments were not particularly favourable. To be fair, this was in the very early days before Haddocks were properly set up - it may well be different now. Also both were comparing to Osbornes, who until the final few months, had been especially good.

Alternatives - Essex, Days of Chelmsford. Seem to have quite a good reputation.

Suffolk - there was only ever one dealer in Suffolk (Bury St Edmunds), but that closed down some years ago.

Norfolk - last I heard there was one called Greenways (I think) in Norwich. Used to have an excellent reputation. Not sure if they are still in existence
Old 01 March 2004, 08:08 AM
DEC14N
Scooby Regular

cant say i have had any work done by them but i ordered some parts for my car from them ( boring stuff just plastic clip things but do need them) and 5weeks later im still waiting for them. getting fed up now, they didnt even bother to call me to say they were going on back order. I went in two days after they said they would be in to find they were on back order. Have not heard a thing since.
Old 01 March 2004, 09:30 AM
Flannel
Scooby Newbie

I can recommend 'Days of Chelmsford', excellent service from both sales and service departments!
Old 01 March 2004, 12:00 PM
jackd
Scooby Newbie

Haddocks are not geared up for Subaru yet - use Days in Chelmsford