Limited edition STi

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2004, 10:25 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

"SUBARU UNVEILS SPECIAL EDITION STi TO CELEBRATE RALLY WIN

Subaru has unveiled a special edition Impreza WRX STi to celebrate Petter Solberg winning the Driver’s Title in the 2003 World Rally Championship.

On sale in the spring and limited to 500 units, the ‘WR1’ – as it will be called – will feature a power upgrade to around 320 PS plus a host of technical and visual upgrades.

For example, the Impreza ‘WR1’ will feature a driver’s control centre-differential (DCCD) via a switch mounted next to the handbrake.

It means the torque distribution between front and rear wheels can be manually selected. This allows the choice, for example, between a sharper cornering turn-in or more stable straight-line running. The system defaults to ‘automatic’ mode whenever the ignition is restarted.

Also new for the ‘WR1’ are special, Prodrive-developed uprated springs and bump-stops with a 25 mm lower ride-height.

Other handling-enhancing features include 18 ins diameter P-FF7 (Prodrive Flow Forming seven-spoke) alloy wheels with Pirelli PZero tyres.

Externally, the new ‘WR1’ will be instantly recognisable thanks to its new Ice Blue Metallic paint plus driving lamps and a stainless steel mesh grille.

Interior changes include anthracite instead of blue suede-effect seats, a special gear ****, imaged carpet mats and a numbered tax disc holder.

Shared features with all Impreza WRX STi’s range from a six-speed gearbox to Brembo brakes and front and rear ‘Suretrac’ differentials.

The new Subaru Impreza STi ‘WR1’ will enter dealer showrooms in April costing £29,995 on-the-road."

Hmmm...nice

SB

Edited because I tried to link to a passworded image

[Edited by Sbradley - 1/14/2004 10:28:43 PM]
Old 14 January 2004, 10:34 PM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is awesome....

If only i wasnt paying my WRX off for another 4 years.....

no wait....I still wouldnt be able to afford one.