Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

All New Impreza To Be Shown Early

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2000, 09:38 AM
Scott J Davies
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The above was the title of an article in the EVO I had shoved through my letter box this morning (the joys of taking the morning off) the following were the highlights:

Subaru are now presenting the new Impreza in Japan in late August, according to the new copy of Evo. Apparently there have been no accurate images of the car yet, also power for the UK is expected to be similar to the current model.

STis are due a six speeder and wider arches, nice. However the IM Group are trying to bring in the WRX officially, adios residual values of WRX's. Apparently STi are also said to be less influential since the retirement of its motorsport fanatical boss. Looks like the UK could become the Mecca for high performance Scoobs via the Prodrive route. Pete an opportunity for an SS1?

AAAaaahhhh EVO the puppy's undercarriage.
Old 07 June 2000, 07:42 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I hope they do bring the WRX and the STi as if there is not much price diference, i wont goto Japan for mine, plus you would get a three year warrentie with full dealer suport! Boy am i glad i sold my STi when i did otherwise i would be stuck with it when word spreads about oficial version's being sold. Please please bring the STi IM Group!