Sponsored by:

Pigeon Sh!t

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2003, 12:04 PM
AK47
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Was cruising home today and all of a sudden this dumb pigeon is sat in my path pecking at some crap on the ground. I slam on the anchors like a semi-emergency stop (birds usually have good reactions and take off rather quickish) but this one must have been real fat because I hit it. There was this quiet thud and a few feathers flew up into the air (one of those slow motion scenese from a moive).

Anyway, the fecking thing (pigeon) took right off and seemed ok but I've got some claw marks on the lip of my front bumper and a slight mark on the bonnet. Good job I didn't hit it at scoop height as I'm sure it would have got sucked up in the STi8 scoop and wrecked the intercooler ...

Should have run the fecking thing over [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Has anyone else had any near misses?
Old 09 December 2003, 12:18 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Er yeah, a pheasant just missed my windscreen on sunday.

If you had injested the Pig in to the bonnet scoop he would have been erady to eat when you got home.
Old 09 December 2003, 12:21 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i was driving up a dual carrige way in my last vectra @ 70mph (i really was as well

it was about 12 @ night and the road was dead, i see what i thought was a cat (the G/F said it was a fox)in my lane and my hand twitched to shove the car sideways but i thought to myself (very very quickly i must add) "if i turn the wheel im gonna smash the car really really badley" so i held the wheel stright and hit the ******

compleatly smashed mk2 gsi front bumper (£450 + paint) smashed radiator (£150) snapped headlight (£120 for 2 updated mk2 headlamps) smashed foglamp/bracket (made my own brackets and repaired the foglights) smashed innner wheel arch guard (about £15) smashed and torn intake resonator box (removed this as part of the msd intake mod in the end soon after and to top it off i had to remove ginger fur from the parts that stayed on the car and the front allow was badley needing a wheel blanace but this was no god as the wheel was a slightly buckled shape, so i bought sum new 18" wheels for it

should i have took my chances and swerved?
who knows
Old 09 December 2003, 12:21 PM
smb1
Scooby Regular

Once had a sparrow wedged in between the headlight and bonnet on a calibra i had about 8 yr ago, hit it on the motorway and bloody thing cracked the headlight.......sure enough it was dead!!!!
Old 09 December 2003, 12:22 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2
Angry

Lots of pheasants around my way , they must be the thickest things ever put on this planet (apart from politicians )

Dave
Old 09 December 2003, 12:25 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2
sure enough it was dead!!!!
LOL@smb1

Old 09 December 2003, 12:27 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i actualy found half a small sparrow behind my scoobys foglight, i saw a leg hanging down when i was washing it and investigated further

it wasnt there when i bought the car lol
Old 09 December 2003, 12:27 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

My god father had the same but with a cow!!!!

Hit it right up the ****, it slid up the bonnet and onto the windscreen! Loads of damage but the cow walked away! The worst thing was the **** all over the windscreen!!

[Edited by austen_wrx - 12/9/2003 12:28:38 PM]
Old 09 December 2003, 12:56 PM
Tim66 STi8
Scooby Regular

Some years back I was racing a few mates on my bike on the A6 Buxton - Matlock Bath ( great road ) I felt a thud on my chest knew that something hit me but didn't stop to find out what. Got into Matlock & yea a little blue tit (bird!) was there lying between my legs with a broken neck. So did the humane thing & buried it in the local park.
Old 09 December 2003, 12:56 PM
smb1
Scooby Regular

Talking

A cow......ruddy ell!!!!! he'd best stop taking short cuts through fields!!!!!

or was it tryin to overtake him!!!!

[Edited by smb1 - 12/9/2003 12:57:27 PM]
Old 09 December 2003, 01:05 PM
Group Captain Smudger
Scooby Regular

Had a Honda CB1100RD - big lardy (500lb+) air-cooled *****. The fairing was supported by a metal trellis (fairing off at the time due to crash damage). A hen decided to commit hari-kari by flying into it as I passed by, but it just shook itself and waddled off (or whatever hens do).

Nothing AFAIK with the scooby though.
Old 09 December 2003, 01:47 PM
dilbert02
Scooby Newbie

Saturday night 1 am (ish) heading south on the M40 just after Warwick services. A fox runs right out in front of the car overtaking me. I saw it in her headlights. Braked hard. He got across, and I had a change of trousers later!
Old 09 December 2003, 01:49 PM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

hit a pigeon in my old astra, the car stank of peanuts, well p1ssed off, how inconsiderate of the bloody thing
Old 09 December 2003, 01:50 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

peanuts??????????????????
Old 09 December 2003, 02:01 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

I hit a sparrow 1 day after buying my scooby! Ironic thing is that i was wondering if the silly Subaru prices for fog/headlight protectors was worth it, luckily I decided they were and bought some with the car (cheap gits wouldnt even throw them in free with a 15k car), result, one cracked fog cover, some free feathers and a smug guy in an MX5 that I was showing off "pure grip" to

BTW Me thinks Mr Croney should tell you about his Horse Story!

[Edited by UHF - 12/9/2003 2:03:18 PM]
Old 09 December 2003, 02:05 PM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

dry roasted i have u know. must of been the feathers??
Old 09 December 2003, 02:09 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Unhappy

How about this one

Mate of mine a fireman and he went out to a call one night where a young deer leapt over a hedge and landed on the windscreen of a moving car.

The occupant of the car was decapitated.
Old 09 December 2003, 02:11 PM
smb1
Scooby Regular

Smile

oh deer!!
Old 09 December 2003, 02:16 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

beat me to it!!
Old 09 December 2003, 02:17 PM
AK47
Scooby Regular

i see what i thought was a cat (the G/F said it was a fox)...
I'm sure the both of you were mistaken, for that amount of damage it was surely an elephant or something?
Old 09 December 2003, 05:55 PM
Simonz
Scooby Regular

my missus hit a bird in her punto a few weeks ago and the bloody thing took the whole left windscreen wiper with it!
Old 09 December 2003, 06:37 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

Hit a second hand sheep years ago on the A9 at Auchterarder, in second lane of D carriageway following a car through and the damn thing came rolling out from the back of the car in front!! Nowhere to go as surrounded by traffic so under the front it goes wiping out my front spoiler and fog lamp, flaming car smelt like a barbeque for weeks with the bits stuck on the exhaust! Poor guy in front of me had just picked his new car that day from Glasgow.
Old 09 December 2003, 07:40 PM
PETENAUD
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Never hit a large animal yet but once rammed into a lotus esprirt thing.

My van = slightly bent bonnet
lotus = F&*ked

No one injured so we all had a laugh, well the other bloke didnt but then he should not have been testing his bloody abs system should he.
Old 09 December 2003, 07:54 PM
barneyrubble
Scooby Regular

Ran over a sheep once on my motor bike, shagged the sheep and brought me off - if you know what i mean!
Old 09 December 2003, 07:59 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

Once witnessed an Esprit having an intimate moment with a high kerb and a wall, not pretty, put you off having a fibreglass car for life it just disintegrated into thousands of shards
Old 09 December 2003, 08:12 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Talking

A friend of mine works at Millbrook test track, and a few years back he was testing the Loutus Carlton flat out round the high speed circuit when he heard a massive bang, a phesant had come through the windscreen at high speed, landed on the passenger seat, he got the car back to the work shop where one of the guys finished off the pheasant, took it home and put it in his freezer
Cheers
Colin
Old 09 December 2003, 10:03 PM
John P
Scooby Regular

Friend at work ran into a horse one evening and wrote his car off, siad funniest thing was the insurance claim, did other vehicle have any lights on it and did it show any intention of pulling out!!!.
Old 09 December 2003, 11:06 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Had my STi8 a week and a half and grenaded a monkjack deer New blanking plate where the fog lamps would be, new bumper, new a/c condenser. Worst part was driving round for a month before the parts arrived in the UK
Old 09 December 2003, 11:08 PM
Graybr
Scooby Regular

i hit a New forrest pony years back, bloody thing was in the middle of the road, over the brow of a hill- got blinded by some k##b and bang next thing i saw was one large **** rolling rapidly up the bonnet. Not funny basically took its legs from under it, it wrecked the car almost crushed the Ex but luckily kept on up and over snapping its back on the way nearly taking my m8 in the process- suffice to say when we eventually made it home had a nice calming whisky or 3!
Old 09 December 2003, 11:30 PM
jmgelba
Scooby Regular

I hit a cow a few years back, in my old cavalier. To be honest - I had the thing floored up a hill at about 60 (was an ex taxi ok!), blind left corner, and there it was, **** in the road. I took out its legs, it rolled up the bonnet, over the passenger side took off the door mirror. Bloody thing got up and dissapeared. The cops come as my car aint going anywere, and they said that it was a matter of time before someone hit it because it was always jumping over its gate. (didnt know cows jumped?!?!)
Anyway, a couple of days later, I get a letter in the post from the farmer who says I was speeding and that he had started proceedings to sue me for damage to his livestock.
It never happened but the whole thing scared the crap outta me - Id only been driving 3 months.

Turned out good in the end - I had bought the cav for 425, repaired it for 75, sold it in px for 550.
Waaahhhaaaa!!!!!!

My dad hit a bird once, took its head clean off and left its body in the window wiper- was pretty funny until it started bleeding up the windscreen and my little bro puked in the back seat.

Quick Reply: Pigeon Sh!t