Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Bonnet vents (pre facelift)

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2000, 12:09 AM
barge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in exactly the same situation with my 93 WRX.

I have been considering getting the grinder out and replacing the whole front end.

But another idea came from
Stuart Knight [stuart@skcl.demon.co.uk]

I get the scoops made unpainted as there are so many different colours out there (plus I don't want the hassle of exact colour matching). As the production numbers are so low (I have the only pair at present!) they are expensive to produce, £160 a pair (plus postage). They take seconds to install, just lift the bonnet, undo the 4 10mm nuts that hold on the dummy vents, lift out the dummy vent and slot in the scoop. Tighten the 4 nuts and you are done, takes just a minute! You can still retain the blanking plate on the underside of the bonnet if you require.

Stuart has a Website with pictues on it but I'm now undecided.

Speak to the man it may help you, but its made it more difficult for me.

Cheers

Barge, Oh yes I'm a Stuart as well !!!
Old 24 May 2000, 12:22 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Cheers Barge (why barge?),

I'll try to have a look at the picies, sounds promising tho'. (What's the web site address?)

Tone.
Old 24 May 2000, 12:37 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Barge,

found the website (http://www.skcl.demon.co.uk), the bonnet scoops look pretty good. A bit OTT for me though, i'm just after some vents that look like the current cars.

Here's to hoping,

Tone.
Old 24 May 2000, 11:43 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Question

I need help guys,

I've been thinking about trying to fit the facelifted front to a MY93 WRX but have been put of by the huge cost.

I've seen a grill (thanks Richie) to fit the early cars that transforms the look ( alot more aggressive), very similar to the current car's grill. But... this leaves the bonnet vents looking very lame! I've tried , without any success, to find some vents that mimic the current cars look (the only vents avaliable seem to be for the facelift bonnet, 22B-a-like).

There was a lot of response to the new style grill (from Revolution in Newcastle by the way) judging by the number of requests Richie had for a picture of said grill. So all you pre facelifted owners out there, anybody had any success in thi vent area? If not maybe we could get a company to manufacture some, there must be a demand out there? This would negate the need to change the whole bonnet and headlights thus saving much money!

Anybody any suggestions?

Tone.