Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stealth upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2003, 06:59 PM
chris_derby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took delivery of my new MY03 WRX company car a couple of weeks ago and I've now done a very enjoyable 2,500 miles and want to get a bit more poke from the engine. The problem I've got is that my company has a 'no-mods' rule so anything I do needs to be undetectable by my dealer at servicing or at least be easily reversable as I drive over 1,000 miles per week. Is there anything I can get done to pep the car up and not upset my fleet manager? I have read somewhere about serial remapping of the ECU that allows user re-setting to the original map and visa versa when required. Is this available for the scooby?
I'm already running on Optimax by the way and no I can't get an STi! (Believe me I tried!)
Old 30 September 2003, 07:07 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

REVO do switchable serial remapping but as far as I'm aware they haven't developed it for the Impreza yet. I believe they intend to though. Other than that your options are a full remap which in many cases can be hard to detect.......but probably risky. You could get a dawes for a bit more poke but you'd really want a boost gauge to set it up and monitor it and if you have a boost gauge its as good as advertising you have other mods.
Old 30 September 2003, 07:08 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Ecutek remap is only detected by dealer if they decide to download the map - which they normally won't. Works OK with standard exhaust, admittedly much better with a de-cat but they'd notice that!
Old 30 September 2003, 07:09 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

The problem I've got is that my company has a 'no-mods' rule so anything I do needs to be undetectable by my dealer at servicing
Probably not what you want to hear, but the words "p*ss" and "take" spring to mind. If your company wants their car left standard, leave it so. You've already got a nice car on them, why are you willing to risk at least a disciplinary and at worst the sack for a few extra bhp on a car that's already extremely quick?

If they won't let you pay for a PPP out of your own pocket, IIWY I'd leave well alone.

Edited to say that TeK remaps are detectable by an experienced service engineer. They may not know exactly what they're looking at, but they'll know it's not how it came from the factory...

[Edited by greasemonkey - 9/30/2003 7:12:53 PM]
Old 30 September 2003, 07:12 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Not worth the risk newbie!
dave