Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW BRAKE VIBRATOR

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2003, 03:41 PM
cfc2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently needed a brake overhall, so replaced the front set with some brembo's from the recent group buy and the rears with some black diamond discs from PE. Immediately after doing this I was experiencing quite savage steering wheel vibration at 80ish which would increase when braking but no vibration through the pedal,Balancing!! I hear you all shout, Had all four done and geometry checked told the rears where slightly warped but the wheels were put back on the car and the vibrations were reduced but still noticeable at motor way speeds but still worse on braking. Rang the nice guy's at PStation who told me to check my spiggot rings inside my alloys turned out that two were missing replaced them.. Now we are down to a vibration throughout the car steering will still at motor way speeds and steering wheel judder still on braking and still no sensation through the pedals at all( even used my hand to press on the brake pedal (on an empty motorway!!) steering wheel juddering but no pedal movement...

What are your thoughts out there, replace the wheels?! don't whant to pay 5-6 hundred and till have the problem, can't get to PS live in London... Where can I get the brakes dti'ed (west London)
All advice will be appriciated

Have checked search and want some fresh ideas

Many thanks all

Old 28 September 2003, 07:10 PM
Leviathan
Scooby Regular

If you cant feel anything through the pedal i would be inclined to try the easiest, cheapest way first. Get the front wheels balanced for starters or you could put the backs on the front and see if it changes. Rule out the easiest things first.
If it makes no differance, your looking at warped discs, ive had this before on a previous car, one was warped even though i couldnt feel it through the pedal.
You could also try and take off the discs, clean the mating surfaces of them and also the mating surfaces of the wheels.
Hope this helps

Gary
Old 28 September 2003, 07:16 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Also make sure the discs are lying flush to the hub flange.
dave
Old 28 September 2003, 10:27 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
not being silly but have you -

checked the disc on the hub as above
Checked that the discs are on the correct sides
checked that you have not got a problem with binding on one of the brakes....
Old 28 September 2003, 10:59 PM
cfc2
Scooby Regular

did the binding test still cold so eliminated that one, will chnge the wheels around tomorrow see if that makes any difference,then will check the disc hub situation thanks guys