Anyone have electric window problems?

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2003, 06:38 PM
Silverback
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

MY03WRX...

Driving out of Corley services today, up the slip road onto M6 and think to myself...that's strange sounds like a window is open...look back and rear driver window is fully down.

Puzzled, I tried to get the window to go back up again without any luck from either driver door controls or rear door controls. Window cannot be pulled up, so is still 'mechanically' attached somewhere (and is nothing to do with window 'lock' button)

Got Subaru Assistance out who locked window in place, but said that the motor is dead. Booked into see dealer next week, but wondering what has caused this to happen (the motor must have worked to lower the window somehow in the first place).

It just so happens that this is the same door that was recently repaired for slight body damage by Liverpool Victoria's 'approved' repairer (muppets), grrrrrrr....

Any ideas?
Old 16 September 2003, 06:53 PM
Franko
Scooby Regular

did the window drop down or did it actually go down as if the button was pressed?

If it whent down electronically then its quite possible the window switch is faulty or most likely there is some loose wiring conection to that window... it should only be a small nigly thing (imo)

Old 16 September 2003, 07:00 PM
Silverback
Scooby Regular

I can't honestly say. Although the fact that the window was still mechanically hooked up must mean it couldn't have dropped quickly?

I wasn't using any electrics (other than indicators)...only accelerating!

Subaru Assistance bloke said motor was dead (he even disconnected it and tried giving it power directly), but that he'd never heard of one failing (especially in a 6 month old car)...
Old 16 September 2003, 07:04 PM
phoenix1
Scooby Regular

hello fella, one possible theory is that they may have disturbed the elec window motor wiring if they have had the interior door trim off for the repair then as the window has come down it's caught the wiring and either pulled the plug off or a wire has pulled out of the plug. just can't see that the motor has packed up on an 03 plate. the door would have to sustain heavy impact for this to fail. hope this helps matey. by the way did you explain to the insurance about the shoddy repair.
Old 16 September 2003, 07:07 PM
Franko
Scooby Regular

In that case its most probably your motor (especially if there was no response with power being applied directly) but then if its dead how did it take your window down?!

I think it could be a mechanical fault like a hinge or something thats allowed the window to go down and got stuck.. but wont allow it to go back up again..
shouldn't be anything too serious