I Had To Titter .........

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2000, 08:12 PM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Had to titter

Picture the scene ..... public place, center of Birmingham, loads of folks ....... and a stupid "child" in his Nova parked on the side of a busy street with his ICE so load the number plate was rattling against the rust on his hatch ...

Along came Mr PC and nicked him .... not for the noise but for having blue front indicators and blue side repeaters, issued him with a ticket on the spot ..... after lots of arguing, shouting and balling and general showing-off in front of his young female passenger he was bundled into the back of a patrol car and off he went .......They just never learn do they ..... and to top his day when I walked past later this afternoon he had a parking ticket slapped on his screen.

OK not that funny but it made my dull day a bit more interesting .... .

K
Old 28 April 2000, 08:19 PM
Rum
Scooby Regular

he... he... he...

Guess he got what he deserved...
Old 28 April 2000, 09:03 PM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

A perect case for CS spray I should have thought. Arf arf
Old 29 April 2000, 11:47 AM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

good
Old 30 April 2000, 02:28 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Sounds a little over the top on the police side... Producer for tarty lights and custody for talking back... When you actually need to call them, you will be put into a queue and dealt with when they get around to it... must be busy putting these guys who are cheeky to them into custody... oh well, I suppose that is more of a crime than the GBH charges and breaking of bail conditions that warrant less interest.
Old 30 April 2000, 07:36 PM
Mulder
Scooby Regular

Angry

Nah bvgger that!! He got what he deserved. At the end of the day the little oik new full well that he was breaking the law when he changed the indicators. If you get pulled by a copper that LAST thing you do is shout/scream/swear at them. Remember they are humans beings and no-one likes to be treated like dirt. If he had been nicer he would have go off more lightly.

I just hope he learns his lesson and sorts it out.
Old 01 May 2000, 03:14 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

My point isn't really about the guy being cheeky... it's about the way the police choose to spend their time pulling young drivers over on trivial matters such as indicator colour when I know for a fact that their response to a call made recently with regards to a possible abduction/further assault and definite breaking of bail conditions (restraining order) by a guy who is up for GBH against a friend of mine was not in any way satisfactory, in fact, IIRC they didn't even bother turning up.

When contacted more than an hour after the original call, the person was still missing at this time, the response was "it's on the screen in a queue, we will get around to sending someone out eventually". I am not sure that anyone did visit.

This highlighted to me that the police have a problem with priorities. Easy to prosecute and prove offences (coloured lights/belting past gatsos) are apparently the prefered use of police time. Crimes against persons rather than property would appear to come a distant second... or maybe they only become priority one when they become murders.

Moray
Old 01 May 2000, 06:37 PM
Mulder
Scooby Regular

Well its like in all jobs. Some people are always more professional than others. The police will never be perfect, unfortunately most of us want them to be just that. Of course I don't agree with the polices attitude in your particular case, and I do hope that some sort of action was taken.
Old 01 May 2000, 08:51 PM
sickboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

So some little **** gobs off to the Police in front of his mates.

I doubt the officer thought he'd nick him on a whim (the paperwork is a major dis-incentive. No doubt the mouthy little chap wouldn't leave it.

Let him get away with it and what does he do next time? Slaps the copper?
Old 02 May 2000, 12:55 AM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

So the time and resources (car/officers/cell/soliciters/etc...) spent taking this guy into custody were well placed? I wonder how long the urgent call queue may have been at the time this was happening.

I agree that the kid was not being a clever bunny arguing with an officer.

Moray
Old 02 May 2000, 10:45 AM
Mulder
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Exactly.
Old 02 May 2000, 02:22 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Quite amusing the way this thread has developed into what plod does with it's resources.

A couple of weeks ago (during the last round of the US Masters) there was a loud scraping noise coming down the road which stopped just past my house at about 11pm. Being nosey I looked out of a window and saw two guys talking and looking at a worn down front wheel of their astra van where the tyre used to be. One then left the scene and the other began talking into his phone, all was quiet so I went back to the golf. Five minutes later loads of shouting, swearing and general abuse - look out of window to see occupant of car having a very loud discussion with a uniformed plod. This escalates to an extent that the plod calls for back up - another 5 minutes and two more arrive in a traffic car. By now my dogs are getting more than a little wound up about the noise and want to bite something, is this your dog attached to my a**e sir . Now the occupant of the van is telling (swearing every other word) the two new arrivals he's done nothing wrong and the first officer is victimising him. He then decided that he would run towards my door as he could see my light on - oh great a p****d idiot about to upset me and the dogs As he reached my door the original officer manages to cuff him and begins to drag him away towards the two traffic officers - then out of nowhere a meat wagon arives with 4, yes 4, more plod in it to help with the arrest of this one guy. Amazingly he was declared drunk and was still being abusive when put into the van to be driven off to a night at one of the Government's hotels.

Now if there had been a problem as a motorist would any of us have had 3 vehicles and 7 plod attend to sort it out in 10 minutes or would we be victim to one of these "waiting lists"? These new wonderful Blairite thingies that have been developed to allow police forces to have there effectivenes measured. Unfortunatley they know how to use them to their advantage, and cherry pick cases where easy clean up rates can be achieved, and you guessed it motoring offences do not figure highly enough on this list

A sobering thought if you ever really need a plod for self preservation reasons....

Yex
Old 02 May 2000, 07:20 PM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Red face

Wow !!

Never thought this would raise this sort of debate ... ! I do think the young boy may of quite easily talked is way out of a ticket( we all have been there at some time or other !). Yes his ICE was without doubt stupidly loud and did draw attention to his car from good old Mr PC and I suppose said PC then noticed the blue repeaters and indicators, the car wasn't that good and certainly did'nt atract a second look if it had'nt of been for the thumping ... I'm sure if he would of just took it on the chin and accepted that his indicators were a tad naughty and promised to change them ( or scraped what looked like a DIY paint job of the lenses ) .. who knows he may of got off with a "producer". But he chose the path of mouthing-off and generally abusing him, a road to know where .... well down to the local nick actually ..

He will no doubt think twice next time he tries to argue his point and choose his words constructivly and not just 4 letter one's and questioning his parantage.

imho of course

K