Sponsored by:

sorry...

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2003, 05:46 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

but could someone explain to me what kind of dump valves there are on the market, as i have one (don't know what make) that makes a quick steely sounding release of air but i would like one that sounds like the ones used on the integras used in the fast and the furious! again i'm very sorry for mentioning it! f&f that is
Old 28 June 2003, 05:49 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re circ and dump to atmosphere, the dta goes ptssssssssss and you wont really hear the re circ.

Tony
Old 28 June 2003, 05:56 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

VTA make the car run richer as the ecu is fooled because it thinks there is more air in the system than there actually is. They dont give any more bhp. How can they they only work when you change gear and the drive is discxonnected. The scoob wasnt designed to have a VTA so in some cases they have screwed up the fueling and others actually bled boost so actually make the car slower. Good for scaring bus queues though .
Old 28 June 2003, 09:53 PM
Andy555
Scooby Regular

VTA make the car run richer as the ecu is fooled because it thinks there is more air in the system than there actually is.
I had read this as well, but after speaking to TSL, they said that this is rubbish.

I fitted a VTA, and found no problem with sluggish behaviour (ie rich) after a gear change on boost. The performance seems better when accelerating (no increase in power) but turbo seems to keep spinning longer after a gear change, therefore it appears that there is less lag. Also noticed that the car felt more responsive off boost. This maybe just my setup, but I am pleased with the results. Also it makes a nice WOOShhhhhh!!! sound.
Old 29 June 2003, 09:40 AM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Talking

so it's definately more of a whoosh than a tischhhhhhhhhh?
Old 29 June 2003, 10:13 AM
PeteD
Scooby Regular

Pete from SccobySport sent me this when I asked if the VTA d/v's have any adverse effects....

"There is so much rumour and myth surrounding these, but please ignore it all. The cars run perfectly with a dump valve fitted. We recommend Forge dump valves, and we all use Vent to Atmosphere on our own cars, but both types perform the same".