ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Parallel Import

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2003, 07:52 PM
ln
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

Has anyone experienced difficulty with UK dealers honouring Pan European Warrantys on new UK Spec Parallel imports.

Interested to hear your views.

Many thanks

LesN

Old 29 April 2003, 09:57 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

OK, where to start...

If youve got a three year warranty from the EU dealer, then you are in a good position, but DONT believe any of this crap you read about the cars all being 1 year / 10000 miles service intervals - it specifically states in your service record booklet what your service intervals are - if you havent had it stamped up exactly as it says then any warranty you have is void before you start. If you are one of those with three years warranty (they could chose to offer it from June 2001 onwards I believe) then lucky you, but most of us aren't - Ive got an October 2001 WRX from Holland, and it came with 1 year warranty only.

If you've got a "third party" warranty then you must check with them exactly what is required - ie my third party warranty only stipulates I use a VAT registered garage to carry out servicing, I dont have to use a main dealer.

Subaru UK will NOT fix your car under warranty. All they will do is when they are contacted by your local dealer they will contact the place that gave you your wartranty and ask them if they will honour the claim. Thats all they will do. They will not authorise any repairs themselves, they are just "go betweens" between the place fixing your car and the place in the EU that supplied it.

I cant stress enough that you MUST have it serviced according to the service schedule supplied with the car, and not in line with "what someone on scoobynet said" - if it says 6 months then its 6 months! Mine is 6 months and Ive done lots of checking with Subaru UK to confirm thats what it has to be.
Old 29 April 2003, 10:17 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

No problems at all with warranty issues so far. March 2002 registered MY02 WRX. My local dealer knows where it came from, and has been incredibly helpful.
Old 29 April 2003, 10:20 PM
naturbo2000
Scooby Regular

Yes - this even applies on the new 03 models.

The service interval for 03s from Holland *should* be - serviced every 12months/15000 miles, whichever comes first + oil change service at every 7500 in between.

Strangely that's not what it says in the service book itself - which Subaru Benelux are still issuing 02 editions of, but there should be a slip explaining the new warranty (3 years) etc.

For low (<7500 pa) mileage cars, this should equate to a service every 12 months. For more than that, you'd do as well to stick to a 6 month interval, alternating major/minor services. (esp as I do 15k miles a year).

All this confirmed with Gerjan van der Velde - THE Subaru Benelux dealer