Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Please help me!

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2003, 04:48 PM
Tubbs2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't seem to post replies to any of the messages on this board! Either I'm not logged in properly or I'm just being a bit special.
Old 02 April 2003, 05:36 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You use Norton Firewall?
Old 02 April 2003, 06:02 PM
Tubbs2
Scooby Newbie

Ah ha! That'll be the monkey! Cheers for that, now to work out how to configure Norton to allow me access without dropping the rest of the protection.
Old 02 April 2003, 06:03 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I'm guessing that you're using Norton Internet Security's ad blocking feature. The cure is to turn it off - it mistakes the 'reply' button for an ad and stops it from appearing.
Old 02 April 2003, 06:38 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Yeah, it also stops most pictures being visible as well. If anyopne works ou the setting to make this work (wihtout just temporarily turngin ogg the entire thing) then please let me know.
Old 02 April 2003, 07:18 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

There's two separate features at work here.

The one that stops the reply button from appearing is the ad blocking software. Although it is possible to fix this and keep ad blocking enabled, our beloved Webmaster doesn't like it when people do that.

Pictures not appearing is probably because they're hosted at Turbosport - which doesn't allow remote linking except from a few specific sites of which Scoobynet is one. Here it's Norton's privacy feature that's the problem - Turbosport doesn't get to know that you're reading Scoobynet, so it won't send you the pics.

The cure for that (on Internet Security 2003 - other versions may differ slightly) is to go into Options > Internet Security > Web Content and click the Global Settings tab. Now scroll down to the site turbosport.co.uk (add it if it's not already there) and change the settings 'information about your browser' and 'information about visited sites' to 'Permit'.

Andy.