Sponsored by:

GreenBook ?

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2003, 05:22 PM
Diablo007
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have heard there is a "Greenbook" which is released every 2 weeks in Japan for export. It basically lists cars sold at auction over that time, Grade of car and amount of yen sold for.

Does anyone know where it would be possible to download said book or find similar information ?
Old 31 March 2003, 05:27 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

www.rizubi.com/

They have a different list for every day of the week

I have also put together a list with exporters in Japan
Here:
http://www.xt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

I am not a trader, but i have done LOADS of research during the past two months. What kind of car are you looking for, so i can tell you where you can find cheap ones.
Old 31 March 2003, 05:42 PM
Diablo007
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cheers mate !

Been changing my mind about what car to get all the time. Varies basically from Sti 6 type R or stand sti, Sti 7 and after reading some more reviews downloading videos etc wondering how much for a EVO 6.

Any information on prices would be sound for any and all! Looking to place order around June/july.

Old 31 March 2003, 05:54 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

http://plaza14.mbn.or.jp/~usedshipusedcar/

This is to give you an indication about the prices. However, you can always start emailing the companies,asking for a certain car and your budget, which is the most effective.

And remember, if you like something from their current stock, you can always get a GOOD discount.

Things to watch out for is accident damage(they usually mention that) and HPI check(in case of a stolen vehicle).
Old 31 March 2003, 06:17 PM
Diablo007
Scooby Regular

Wink

Prices seem a lot better than I had expected. EVO 7 for 14 grand (current exchange rate) and 99 Skyline GTR V spec for 22K ! Seems good to me ! The only problem I have is that I live in the Channel islands with no port of any importance to speak of.

I have found a local Dealer who import cars on request. But am I likely to get anywhere need the prices that website is quoting. I mean I know they have to add on shipping, conversion, registration tax etc. So does that mean a car sold for 12K in Japan is gonna end up costing me 16K when it gets to me ?

Have you brought a imported car yourself ? Must admit I'm not excactly jumping up and down at the thought of giving 15kish to someone I have never met to hopefully see my car turn up 6 weeks later at some port in England I would have to fly over to see. But at the same time I don't want to get screwed locally.

Any ideas ?
Old 31 March 2003, 06:34 PM
XT
Scooby Regular

Basically, the total cost, consists of the following:

1)Price

2)extra cost to make the price FOB(most compnay list an FOB price of the car, so you don't need to add the FOB again). The FOB term includes deregistration/arrangement of shipping etc.

3)Ocean Freight(usually 65US dollars per cubic metre)

4)import tax and duty(27.5%)(you can always ask for a smaller invoice )

5)cost of the SVA(single Vehicle approval) test(if the car is more than 10 years old, an simple MOT will do)

6)delimiter(not really necessary for SVA), fuel tank adaptor, kph-mph converter(plus a sticker to be applied on the dials, rear fog light. If you are good with things, you'll be able to do these things yourself and avoid labour

7)registration costs(35 pounds if i remember correctly)

I think that's all, if someone thinks that i forgot something, please mention it.

Most companies just need you to pay the FOB price in order to send you the car. You will then pay the freight and the duty/tax upon arrival. You will have to book for an appointment to a garage before you drive away the car, otherwise you're in trouble if the police stops you. You will also to pre-insure the car shortly before it arrives in UK. Visit the DVLA site to see what forms you will need to fill.

I know it sounds VERY complicated, but it isn't.