ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Respect!

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2000, 07:01 PM
Tim W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I guess that more than a few of us when out in our cars get members of the public noding their approval at you in the car as you cruise by.

I've had this happen to me quite a few times, but never as meaningful as today.

Casually cruising through Princes Risborough high street, wI was waiting at one of the many 'traffic calming' measures, when I spotted an attractive young lady shutting the back door of a black Mercedes G wagon parked on the other side of the hump, she moved out of the way and I saw her feller looking at the front of my car, we made eye contact and he nodded his approval.

I have never had a bigger sense of owning the right car than at that moment . The feller was none other than Jay Kay (of Jamiiroquai - a popular beat combo for those who don't know who or what I mean )!!!

Go ahead make my day why don't you .

Incidentaly the G wagon was registered V8JAY, nice...

Tim

Funny thing is the attractive young lady was a long haired red head, and too short to be Denise Van-Outen, hmmmm...
Old 04 March 2000, 07:38 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking

now that is cool.

jay has some serious kit, bumped into him at le mans in 95 during his silly hat period, the whole bunch of them were wearing these masive foam hats in the pits area at 4am, brilliant laugh.
Old 04 March 2000, 08:38 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Isnt Jay banned from driving at the minute for using one of his supercars a little too much maybe he has good taste in chaufeurs
Old 04 March 2000, 08:53 PM
JohnS

Smile

He also has good taste in driving roads, rating the road to Mallaig as one of his favourites. It doesn't go anywhere (apart from the ferry), so once you get there, you have to drive all the way back
Old 04 March 2000, 09:20 PM
IDRIS
Scooby Regular

Talking

That with out a doubt would make my day, for the rest of my life!

Lucky sod!!!

See Ya!
*IDRIS*
Old 04 March 2000, 10:16 PM
BladeRnnr
Scooby Regular

Cool

I know what you mean Tim.......
i took my mate to see the bradford v tottenham soccer match today (to add miles while i'm breaking it in!)
When we came out of the match driving back towards the North circular got that feeling of 30 odd thousand pairs of eyes looking.....scary
Old 04 March 2000, 11:32 PM
Jonathan
Scooby Regular

Tim

Now your living in the right part of the country. You might get to see Jay K a bit more. Think I saw another Tim from the list round Kimble today. Watch those Gatso's in Risborough

Jonathan

Bucks strikes again
Old 05 March 2000, 11:06 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

D V-O has dyed her hair red in the paper the other day, so it probably was her.

I m always amazed how much smaller and shorter TV / film stars are in the flesh.For som reason one imagines them as tall and big.

J k is a total petrolhead, so respect to him, makes a change from Sting`s boring whining about the environment blah blah blah..
Old 05 March 2000, 11:26 AM
Rog L
Scooby Newbie

Smile

When i was little , i went to this school in Colchester, it was a boarding school and i hated evey min of it. The only thing that was ok was i had two good mates, One was a guy called Martin .the other......Jason Kay!!!! At weekends both the guys came round my house , and we just did kid stuff. The thing is My dad had a 308 GT4 Ferrari and an Aston v8 , Jason loved the cars loads and loads. He always asked if he could go out with my dad for a spin. Car mad he was....Still is!!! Serious Doe
Has he got a scooby or not????

Rog L
Old 05 March 2000, 12:10 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Smile

Very decent guy Jay Kay. I saw the Merc when I was taking some pix at his house ( a gnat's from 'Risboro). Apparently Sony were just about to put in about 10K's worth of ICE for him....Gratis.

He's also got a Merc limo, with electric everything, which he said belonged to Coco Chanel.

He admired my Scoob, and I suggested he get a P1 for use on the rally track he intends to build on the miserable 75 acres he calls a garden.

I have to say he's also quite accomplished on motorbikes, not just supercars. He even admitted to gained experience riding one in a previous job as a Pizza delivery rider!

Well there's hope for us all then.

Josh