Sponsored by:

Corrosion warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2003, 10:04 PM
pcdude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

My MY00 i just discovered hasnt had the corrosion warrenty kept up to date ,, ie it didnt have the underbody protection done after the 1st year by the previuos owner , i bought this from a Subaru dealership , they said not all are are kept up , , i was alittle shocked to find out it hasnt been done ,
Is this a big problem guys ? have i got any come back to the dealership ?
Old 20 January 2003, 10:32 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

have the body inspected for any signs of corrosion, if no problem have the body service carried out. I would have thought that Subaru would be accomodating if there were a problem as you being the next owner would have taken reasonable precautions to prevent corrosion

I'm sure there will be many on here that don't agree however
Old 20 January 2003, 10:40 PM
pcdude
Scooby Regular

Im thinking of calling IM direct ,

also would this affect the 2nd hand value of the car if i tried selling it later on ?
Old 20 January 2003, 10:44 PM
Steve777
Scooby Senior

I wouldn't have thought so. How many rusty Scoobys have you seen as I haven't seen any

I have thought that the main servicing was more important.

They don't do a lot on the corrosion warranty anyway. Its money for old rope to the dealers. I think it costs about £100. I wouldn't worry too much about it

Old 20 January 2003, 10:48 PM
pcdude
Scooby Regular

steve thx for replies , thing is when you buy a approved subaru from a approved dealer you like to think all is in order ,
also in the back of the service booklet it has the corrosion warrenty stamps and tear off bits that IM have for record purposes , of course mine are all clean and not stamped up

it does however have a full subaru service record which is the important thing i guess ,
but still feel let down abit

Old 20 January 2003, 10:54 PM
ianfergus0n
Scooby Regular

Had the same problem when I bought mine, the salesman tried to reasure me, but he could see that I was still a little doubting, he invited me to follow him, which I did to the service dept... infront of him her several quite thick ring binders holding warrenty claim details on top of the shelving unit was a paper folder, he reached it down and blue the dust off..... opened it up, there were two claims both of which were on the same car (1994) the was trouble withe the sprayjob on the bonnet, first claim covered respray second covered a new bonnet as it was found that there was somthing wrong with the original bonnet, he then said feel free to check the other binders if you find another claim you can have your car for nowt!

I didn't bother checking and felt 300% reassured