Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traders Policy Insurance.

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2003, 11:03 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone got a traders policy ? I change my car quite often so thought it would be an idea. Also have a dabble at buying and selling a few. Anyone know somewhere that will cover me without premises ?

Thanks Jas
Old 14 January 2003, 12:53 PM
dominicm
Scooby Regular

I have a traders policy as I own a garage/workshop as part of my business. I do know that you do need a premises to arrange this level of cover, not sure if a front room would do!!!

Great way to insure all sorts of cars as you insure the money the car is worth, my STI RA cost me around £30 to insure fully comp.

Although my traders policy cost me over 9K......!!

Dom.
Old 14 January 2003, 01:10 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Red face

a lot are now only covering trade cars meaning you cannot run your own car off one...and i know someone who had traders cover refused on an impreza or similar.(sports and high risk cars are not covered)..be warned!!!also to have a decent level of cover you will have to be fully comp.(not cheap).and when you do finish with traders policy all lot of companies will not allow you ncb to transfer to a private policy!!!!nightmare...think about it for!!before parting with your hard earned.......jase
Old 14 January 2003, 01:14 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

by the way just to spoil your fun further the law has now changed to make it harder to buy and sell cars in your spare time to make money...transactions are going to have to have some kind of audit trail!!so "they" know who is doing what and earning what from who>>>>>>!!!!!!!!this applies from now with trade... and once they figure out how will also apply to all private sales!!!good or what??