Sponsored by:

Buying advice needed pleeeease...

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2002, 04:02 PM
Icy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Sorry to put up another tedious "Which one?" post but I've just got the funds cleared and are competely stuck as to which Scoob I want to get.
I've got around 11K to spend on either a standard UK or a WRX. Also, not sure whether I want to get a slightly older one thats been modded or a newer stock one. Obviously it costs to mod and a modded one I won't have to spend too much one, but the general feeling is that if they're modded they've been driven hard. I know there have been some posts saying about how the stock ones could've had the mods took off and could still have been driven hard.
My original feeling was that if I buy a FSSH one owner UK spec then I couldn't go wrong. - Prefferably from a pensioner ;-)
But - are they notably slower than the WRX?

DOH!

Help!

Icy.
Old 10 December 2002, 04:56 PM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

i think a good example of either 2000 turbo or wrx will satisfy, presuming you are seeking classic shape.

mate of mine has a uk and myself a wrx. the wrx has noticebley more agressive acceleration, the uk is smoother though and progresses thru the rev range really nicely. the wrx is a little more ferocious IMO. you will enjoy either. don't be put off by the import thing. i would not personally buy something heavily modded but to be honest i suspect most scoob owners give their car some licks modded or not! if it has basic modds, brakes, dump valve, exhaust i would not be too worried. if it has has chipping etc, find out who did it and probe accordingly. they may be very reputable, and if done properly should not cause grief. find out wether the mods are prone to causing problems - on here is a good start.

i personally prefer the interior in my mates uk model. it seems to have a more "british" feel to it. probably my imagination! i'm a weird ****** me! lol

age old advice but -
don't buy the first one you see and everything will be !!

weava
Old 11 December 2002, 01:08 PM
Icy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that mate, seen one at a dealer on a R (UK) for 10K with full warranty.
Is warranty the way to go when buying one of these?

Icy.