MY01 Eibachs Fitted - Nice one TSL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2001, 08:15 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hey all,

Just got back from a run after having the eibach springs/geometry changes at TSL motorsport in Keyworth, near Notts. Only had a 30 mile run but the results are awesome!!

Really really pleased and would recommend them to anyone with an MY01 who can't afford the full Leda/DMS etc set-up and wants a great improvement in the handling department for 3.5 large

Transforms the car. Bags more steering feel (you lose the vagueness between 11 and 1 oclock on the wheel), a lot less body roll and more grip through the bends. Seems to ride ON the road rather than OVER it.

Went over some up/down sections coupled with the odd sharp corner. Before the mod the steering would go very light and vague as the car would raise over the bumps/small inclines and give little feedback when you then turned in to the corner. Now it seems to grip the road and you retain steering feel all the way through the corner.

I was also very impressed with the lack of body roll when i went round my favourite roundabout. Usually the car rolls a bit (i only realised how much after i had the new springs fitted!!) but now it just turns, no roll, grips and whumph your round. Brilliant!!!!

The increased feel through the steering gives bags more confidence to push the car through the corners a bit more. The guy who set the car up (cheers lindsey!) said the car had more feel through the corners than an older STI he had worked on earlier this week

I was very surprised to see how badly the car was out in the camber/toe department (as set up by subaru) with wheels toed in and out at the front, and both pointing to the left on the back!!. Cant believe how Subaru can let you have the car without making sure its perfect!!

I was impressed with how much effort Tsl put in to sort the car to their "spec". They certainly seem to know what they are doing. The guy took his time to get it right - and Trouser even made me a cup of coffee while i waited!!

So, as i say, give Trouser a call at TSL and get it sorted MY01'ers! Cant loose!!

Jza
Old 05 October 2001, 09:43 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Totally agree with all you say Jza but have you noticed an increase in noise from the shocks? I had mine done locally (NI) and have no doubts about the supplier but find a bit of "knocking" from the front end. Interested in your (any others) views on this.

Old 05 October 2001, 09:50 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Talking

Jza

Following your lead car booked in next Wednesday

I've taken a whole day off for the drive from Southend to Notts

Been promised a cup of Coffee as well
must be an SIDC thing

How does the ride height look ?

Phil
Old 05 October 2001, 10:04 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

finally got mine booked in too, just to confirm- we are talking about the same eibachs as went on pre MY01 cars aren't we?

Tiggs
Old 05 October 2001, 10:18 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Wink

When I booked mine in I said to Paul AKA Trouser that I was looking for the springs for the MY01 and he said no problem so I do not know wether they are the same as Pre MY01 or not

Not much bloody help am I

Phil
Old 05 October 2001, 10:30 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Tiggs, was told by Powerstation today that the same kit is used for MY01 as for previous version (they checked with Eibach while i was there) so i too will be having the same fitted, they also sell Whiteline uprated anti-roll bars for a very reasonable price

simon
Old 05 October 2001, 11:16 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

phil, no your no help at all

sounds like they're the old ones then which is good as i bought some ages ago but was too chicken to get them fitted while there was some doubt (from some people) about the benifits

Tiggs
Old 06 October 2001, 06:53 AM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Tiggs

Take a look at
Old 06 October 2001, 01:19 PM
Kev S
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Nice one Jza,

Pleased you are happy. I'm still delighted with mine 6 weeks on, and agree with all you say.

Kev S
Old 06 October 2001, 02:59 PM
Pbone
Scooby Regular

Thinking of having Eibachs fitted, could you e-mail me or post here the total price including fitting and geometry setting.
Rgds
Pete.
Old 08 October 2001, 10:09 AM
Trouser
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi Guys!

Jza.. glad your chuffed mate! Really appreciate the shout!

Tiggs.. 00 or 01.. same spring Exactly!!

Phil.. you will get BISCUITS as well

I don't know which charcteristics Prodrive weren't happy with, but I think you will agree.. they are a blinking good value for money upgrade that gives HUGE for £

Cheers

Trouser
Old 08 October 2001, 10:14 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

FYI - Prodrive are set to release a revised eibach spring kit for the MY'01 towards the end of October.
Old 08 October 2001, 02:51 PM
Trouser
Scooby Regular

Wink

Old 08 October 2001, 02:54 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Sorry Trouser - I know you provide a crackin' set-up for the MY'01. Just thought others might like to know the options available.
Old 08 October 2001, 03:07 PM
George W Bush
BANNED

Sorry wrong BugEye!!

BugEyed,

You say you got yours fitted in NI. Do you know where I could get the geometry checked on my MYO1 as I am convinced it isn't right, but am unsure as to what the correct settings are???

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by George W Bush (edited 08 October 2001).]
Old 08 October 2001, 03:08 PM
George W Bush
BANNED

BugEyed wonder

You say you got yours fitted in NI. Do you know where I could get the geometry checked on my MYO1 as I am convinced it isn't right, but am unsure as to what the correct settings are???

Thanks.
Old 08 October 2001, 04:14 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

I had Eibachs on an STi4. I experienced knocking and upon the recommendation of a reputable servie agent swapped them back for the originals.
The ride is softer and the turn in is now no where near as sharp but the drive to work does hurt my teeth anymore.

...must be getting old.....
Old 08 October 2001, 04:15 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

I had Eibachs on an STi4. I experienced knocking and upon the recommendation of a reputable servie agent swapped them back for the originals.
The ride is softer and the turn in is now no where near as sharp but the drive to work does hurt my teeth anymore.

...must be getting old.....
Old 08 October 2001, 04:31 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Trouser:
<B>

Phil.. you will get BISCUITS as well
[/quote]

Bugger didnt give me any biscuits. And they ate loads of pizza without waiting for me!!!!

To reply to the comments:

I rang Eibach directly and they confirmed the springs worked fine on both cars.

I havent noticed ANY knocking or creaks from the suspension.

Looks a lot lower - over an inch each end i'd say

It corners wickedly now. Not just reduced body roll and more grip and more feel through the wheels.

Driving to work for the first time since i had the work done i went round a few familiar corners. Where i used to find the car would want to drift away from the corner (e.g. to the right on lefthanders) it now just seems to tuck in and go where its pointed without any fuss.

I cant see that springs alone would do that....

so im convinced the geometry set-up must come in to play as well

The hours they put in really do transform the car - if you've got an MY01 and want to seriously improve the handling - this is the best £££££ you can spend for the money.

My only complaint is the CD player now needs replacing as it jumps a lot more due to the firmer ride (but not annoyingly firm ).

I imagine the springs may "settle" in a bit as they get used more - so the ride may improve (?trouser?) a bit.

Jza

[This message has been edited by Jza (edited 08 October 2001).]
Old 08 October 2001, 07:11 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Talking

Jza

Sounds a very positive report

Looking forward to my trip up on Wednesday

And even better news my Oz Super legs are in

Just a Scoobysport Spoiler and Colour coded sills and Phase I is complete

Phil
Old 08 October 2001, 09:28 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by George W Bush:
<B>BugEyed wonder

Thanks.[/quote]

Give Jonathan a call at Performance Subaru (Coleraine) 02870351081