Sponsored by:

SIDC membership, bargain?

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2001, 09:14 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Well i think so! just recieved my application form through yesterday and a back copy of true grip,it was march 2001, what a great read! well set out with lots of info in. i am very pleased with cost at just under 50 pence a week, only just over a a litre of optimax. the trackdays seem well discounted and to have a mag full of impreza stuff is great, as i could and have spent and have 3 quid on a mag for a couple pages on them. so anyone who complains about the cost to join this none profit club shouldnt be driving scoobs. just needed to goet that off my chest. very pleased! 3 cheers for SIDC and hope to see some of ya next year at some trackdays. Cheers Lee
Old 02 October 2001, 09:18 AM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

P.S before anyone asks where i get optimax from at 50 pence a litre! i didnt spell check sorry and thats just over half a Litre! god im a muppet! Lee
Old 02 October 2001, 10:07 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

When are people going to understand that when people are complaining about SIDC, it isn't about the cost. £25 is obviously pennies to most of us.

It comes down to organisation that means people who are members of a club that is important to them are struggling to get a say in how it is run.

I don't think anyone who has ever complained about it, has begrudged the money.
Old 02 October 2001, 01:09 PM
paulhoubart
Scooby Regular

Question

Lee P -

Well, at least you got your copy of True Grip - I've received my membership card and evrything else, but no magazine.

Not that I'm that bothered, mind you ....
Old 02 October 2001, 01:20 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Red face

Well I received my membership card, stickers, rule book, letter and the June issue of True Grip a couple of days ago.

Wrexy.
Old 02 October 2001, 01:21 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Adam! im sure if you make enough noise they will listen will they not? what would you propose to make things better as im a newbie to this BBS and SIDC? and havent yet experienced it yet? Cheers Lee
Old 02 October 2001, 01:25 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Paul did you say something to upset them? only kidding! they must of just forgot, good read though so get on to them! cheers Lee

Trending Topics

Old 02 October 2001, 01:44 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Adam M:
<B>When are people going to understand that when people are complaining about SIDC, it isn't about the cost. £25 is obviously pennies to most of us.

It comes down to organisation that means people who are members of a club that is important to them are struggling to get a say in how it is run.

I don't think anyone who has ever complained about it, has begrudged the money.[/quote]

Adam, that's worth saying again because I think your point (and indeed Chuck's) has fallen on deaf ears!!!

I assume you're going to the AGM to discuss this though right?

Matt
Old 02 October 2001, 02:34 PM
simon_prickett
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well I just saved the cost of membership having my cambelt service done at my local dealer.

I'm pleased.

Simon.
Old 02 October 2001, 07:09 PM
navigator
Scooby Regular

Question

i've justed joined sidc for the first time ever.
where do you find out about the discounts i don't seem able to find it anywhere.
Old 02 October 2001, 10:38 PM
Lee
Scooby Regular

As an individual and speaking in terms of the SIDC and a great many other organisations, I would much rather see tonnes of members turn up at the AGM and raise their points than sit behind closed doors feeling their views are not aired.

Not implying that anyone is grumbling, just that the more that turn up and the more that get interested the better it will become.
Old 02 October 2001, 10:49 PM
jac2000
Scooby Regular

Quite right Lee, I will try and make it. I have been a member of SIDC for less than a year and think the mags great but more so the whole new social scene it can open up - ie all the club meets , track days etc etc. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Lee:
<B>As an individual and speaking in terms of the SIDC and a great many other organisations, I would much rather see tonnes of members turn up at the AGM and raise their points than sit behind closed doors feeling their views are not aired.

Not implying that anyone is grumbling, just that the more that turn up and the more that get interested the better it will become.[/quote]