Sponsored by:

Hacked off with people thinking that their Subaru is better than ours

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2001, 11:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

I dont know about alot of you but as a "Subaru Owner" im hacked off with people saying things like "lets just have a UK300 meeting or lets just have the MY01 boys together".
Now to me, thats just plain ignorant and stupid, if you want your own board or the likes then go for it, even now when i flash MY01's i dont get any replies but all Pre MY00's (or vast majority) do actually flash/wave!! now, you may have a "newer" Subaru but its still a Subaru, you still use a Subaru Dealer, and if your not getting the point then look for used Subaru's and you will find that there are a MIXTURE of different cars!!!!
it just hacks me off, the attitude of "newer model, better car and above you other owners".
I dont want an MY01 or a UK300 as i think they look a bit silly, even though they are now growing on me, id have an STI7 thou but you will be twisting my arm for that

Tony
Old 14 September 2001, 12:37 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all know my car is the best anyway.

Paul
Old 14 September 2001, 12:49 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

lol @ phil!

hearse with pimp tints! nice!!!! :
Old 14 September 2001, 12:51 AM
M Hutton
Scooby Regular

Lets not generalise all MY01 drivers together! I have one, I wave when I spot a Scooby in time.

About us not being as hardcore... well there are warrenty issues in place. As soon as I could the back box was changed, the indicators and reflector changed to clear (admittedly only a cosmetic change but I have seen anyone else, except the 300s do that yet), to PPP is on order and the Morettes hopefully go on at the weekend (thanks BTW Scoobysport for being good sports and putting up with my constant phone calls).

I attended the Herts meet and talked to anyone would that would chatter to me. I noticed no snobbery (except about the lights and my paint colour (it looks completely different in sunny conditions and I am not getting white stars painted on the door).

I like all Scoobys, and am truely in awe of some of the mods people make.

In the end I agree, the body is just that a body that hide the engine. The scoop on the front of mine still causes the Nova/Clio 'innit' boys to try and race.

Scooby is not just a car, it's a family and even some families bicker!

[This message has been edited by M Hutton (edited 14 September 2001).]
Old 14 September 2001, 02:36 AM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

I agree with you Tony , I drive around Essex alot , and almost all 01 drivers look at you as if you are a to$$er , or am I only seeing the wrong crowd???

I agree though , Subaru drivers should stick together , especially after reading the thread about the Integrale site!!

Nate.
Old 14 September 2001, 02:36 AM
2Scoobysnacks?
Scooby Regular

Completely agree on this one, I've had a my01 for about 6 months. Does it really make a difference if you've got the old/new style, thought it was what's on the inside that counts....
Old 14 September 2001, 07:03 AM
Andy Winskill
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by 2Scoobysnacks?:
<B>Completely agree on this one, I've had a my01 for about 6 months. Does it really make a difference if you've got the old/new style, thought it was what's on the inside that counts.... [/quote]

I agree. Lets just be like Lamboghini (sp?) - the car's the engine cover....

Old 14 September 2001, 07:31 AM
Luke
BANNED

UK Legacy turbo owners are better that other owners !!!
Old 14 September 2001, 08:23 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I thought it was the MY01 boys/girls that were getting upset by accusations about weight and appearance Not noticed much the other way round. Maybe MY01 owners don't wave cos the car's appeal has been broadened and they don't read BBS/know about that sort of thing?
Old 14 September 2001, 08:29 AM
camk
Scooby Regular

Personally I don't wave at Euro Imports.... ....LOL, well maybe Dutch ones but not Belgian.....no way
Old 14 September 2001, 08:47 AM
bigrex
Scooby Regular

If you think you have a problem, drive a Legacy like I do. Then you will know what being looked down on feels like. I agree with Luke, I often get waves from other Legacy drivers, after all they have to "put up" with their cars, just like me.
Old 14 September 2001, 08:54 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

If a bunch of UK300 or P1 owners want to get together, let them.

Life's too short to get hung up about it.
Old 14 September 2001, 08:57 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I think you'll find that the MY'01 is being bought by a lot more non-enthusiasts due to the refinements.

I've found I get less waves from MY'01 drivers, and put it down to this..

Alex
MY'01 WRX
Old 14 September 2001, 09:23 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Don't have a problem. like michelle, the group Iurk with contains everything from a knackered old black WRX Wagon through various years and models, including RB5, STi, P1's and a 22B, oh, and occasionally the old golf, audi, or volvo. Great bunch, no probs. we don't yet have anyone with a bugeye, though no doubt that'll change.

Alex is quite right, most of the 01 owners are not as 'hardcore' as us, and thus don't know about 'the scene' and it's a tad hard to educate them at the NSL

So, anyone fancy a black WRX Wagon only meet then
Old 14 September 2001, 10:52 AM
Philip Attaway
Scooby Regular

Location: RS6 heaven. 505/445 Scooby Eater (whilst watching TV)
Wink

Where you gonna meet Markus?

I'll inform my local undertakers!

Phil
Old 14 September 2001, 10:59 AM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Well I've heard that a lot of people in UK300 don't wave. I've got one and I always wave to old or new models. I get a lot of people ignoring me in both types. Still gonna wave though.
Old 14 September 2001, 12:09 PM
Captain Sensible
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Old 14 September 2001, 12:13 PM
VKL723
Scooby Regular

Cool

I drive a MY01 WRX and I find that thier is not alot of waving in Glasgow, eg Silver STi sitting at lights, very nice car ***STV, I think, I waved got a dumb*** look back, seem to find more woman drive scoobies in Glasgow recently and wave back.
Sorry to wander with this topic, but i do agree with you on this one, Scoobies - brothers!!

Paul
Old 14 September 2001, 12:31 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

The group I seem to have fallen in with is great, we have a wild mixture of scoobs and all get on it's great.

Generally on the road though and attending other meets it seems to be the thing of hang around with *your* type of scoob
Old 14 September 2001, 01:06 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Cool

I must have missed that.

Once again it's an us and them situation.

But it's not us, it's them.

Cosmetic it may be but YES, why the hell did Subaru put those manky old fashioned brown repeaters on the side indicators of the MY01.

Clear ones, how much what what difficulty level?

I have an MY01 wagon, and I don't care who knows it. I still flash bods in cars that look like my old one. (ha ha)

I will be at NM6. Together with mostly Subaru Imprezas, but also at least one Fiesta (BobT?) and other motors which their owners are proud of/enthuse about.
Old 14 September 2001, 01:10 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

You want to see our little group in the South East we have even got a d reg volvo driven by a nutty tart !!! LOL...
Why worry anyway......
Old 14 September 2001, 01:10 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by M Hutton:
<B>Morettes hopefully go on at the weekend (thanks BTW Scoobysport for being good sports and putting up with my constant phone calls).
[This message has been edited by M Hutton (edited 14 September 2001).][/quote]

I'm sure it was only an oversight Mark that you forgot to thank me for recommending them!!!

BTW, nice point on the families bickering!

Old 14 September 2001, 01:22 PM
Somerset Yokel
Scooby Regular

Red face

The initial post of ....

I dont want an MY01 or a UK300 as i think they look a bit silly

answers the initial question doesn't it. So what if someone has a new Scooby, who cares - just wave!

I have got a new MY01 and wave at anyone although I don't always get a response (from varying models) but that is life, I'll just keep waving - but who are you to tell me that I drive a "silly" car????????
Old 14 September 2001, 01:36 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

jase, who's this nutty tart then
Old 14 September 2001, 01:47 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Somerset Yokel,
you actually sum up what im on about, if you post the rest of what i said, ie
"I dont want an MY01 or a UK300 as i think they look a bit silly, even though they are now growing on me, id have an STI7 thou but you will be twisting my arm for that "
Dont just put part and try to turn it around, put all that ive said, and just because initially i didnt like the look of the MY01 and i still am not too overkeen they ARE actually growing on me
Thanks to everyone else who has made "sensible" comments thou

Regards
Tony (Subaru owner )
Old 14 September 2001, 01:56 PM
john&nicci
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Markus:
So, anyone fancy a black WRX Wagon only meet then [/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Marcus,
I find that elitist and offensive!
So, anyone fancy a DBM(B for BLUE!) WRX Wagon only meet then?( Oh, and make that STi's only)!!!

[This message has been edited by john&nicci (edited 14 September 2001).]

[This message has been edited by john&nicci (edited 14 September 2001).]
Old 14 September 2001, 02:00 PM
longun
Scooby Regular

Talking

Don't really know what you mean because I don't drive a scooby however..... The other day I was driving along in the pug(by the way it's not standard) and I got flashed by a scooby driver, I think just out of mutual respect for nice cars. Unless it was someone off here who knew what my car looked like Just thought I would point that out.
Old 14 September 2001, 02:49 PM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

Mine's standard, so I guess it's not as 'good' as lots of others. Or EVO's. Do I care?..
Old 14 September 2001, 04:37 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Red face

Tony

I would 100% agree that we dont want a MY01 BBS, or seperate topic forum.

I would say that sitting on the MY01 fence and looking from the other side, there is more than a fair share of slag the MY01. Its just natural that owners think they have the best car. Its either my car is ugly or slow.

As I said in an earlier thread the same thing happened when the P1 came out and the RB5 before it. The new STI will now get the flack, and any owner that buys one.

Waving wise, you might be right. The new MY01 has attracted a new set of owners. Some not as big enthusiasts as us. However I always wave, even at STI's

Putting my happy clappy hat on "we are all the converted" Just feel sorry for those that could afford one and bought something else.

Jonathan
Old 14 September 2001, 04:40 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by longun:
<B>Don't really know what you mean because I don't drive a scooby however..... The other day I was driving along in the pug(by the way it's not standard) and I got flashed by a scooby driver, I think just out of mutual respect for nice cars. Unless it was someone off here who knew what my car looked like Just thought I would point that out.[/quote]

Longun - thay where probably trying to tell you you had your 8 fog lamps on or something.

Quick Reply: Hacked off with people thinking that their Subaru is better than ours