Sponsored by:

P1 Carpets MIA

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2001, 04:44 PM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Had somebody look at my P1 cos it's up for sale (£24,995), the buyer (who didn't by the way) said 'Where are the carpets?'

Apparently the P1 comes with a set of Prodrive Carpets as standard inc a boot carpet.

Quizzed the dealer because I have never seen them, dealer said 'Oh, that's extra sir. But if you can find a brochure that shows them we will ask IM...' Odd thing is the driver's side has one of those location studs for the interior mats... but no mats anywhere.

I have a brochure that shows the interior with these mats, but they are not listed as such.

Does anybody know if the carpets are standard and 'Missing' or is this another Prodrive extra for £££'s... How do I prove it???

Thanks for the help...
...CharlieP
Old 14 September 2001, 05:05 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Mine sort-of came with P1 mats - the rears were there, but they couldn't find the fronts, suspecting that they had used them 'elsewhere' (?)

They allegedly have 'P1' on them rather than the standard 'Impreza 2000'...but I've never seen them, so can't be sure

They are, therefore, on order. There was no extra charge (unlike the MY00 where they made me pay the £39.99 after buying the car for full list pice. Grrrr..)
Old 14 September 2001, 05:23 PM
chopper
Scooby Regular

My P1 came with 'Prodrive' embroidered front and boot grey carpets - I believe this is standard but can't remember exactly where I have seen it listed as standard items (as the official subaru website does not list it as std equip). As the car I purchased was completely std spec (no additional items were ordered when the 1st owner bought from new) I would say you should get your dealer to fit some 4 free.
Old 14 September 2001, 05:38 PM
CharliePsycho
Scooby Regular

Angry

Ah Ha...

Yes Rang Subaru and got hold of a person read the press release to me (which included a statement about the mats) and they should be there...

It's up to the dealer to replace them, so far they have denied the existance of clutch judder or 4/5 gear denial... this time I am going to quote names from subaru.

What is it with the dealers? You'd think spending £32,000 on a car would get you some fu%king service...
Thanks all for the feedback.

[This message has been edited by CharliePsycho (edited 14 September 2001).]
Old 14 September 2001, 08:01 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Arrow

My P1 came with prodrive mats (front and rear) all wrapped up in cellophane along with a carpet for boot. There were cheap black mats in the front and rear when i picked up car.

You prob better off without the mats anyway, as the locating stud is pretty non functional as drivers mat keeps trying to creep up the windscreen!
Old 14 September 2001, 09:47 PM
Tyson
Scooby Regular

Cool

Agree,

Mine came with Prodrive front, rear and boot mat.

As for the driver's mat (which will creep towards the pedals), I was having real problems as the accelerator would get stuck under mat when you floored it (very worrying). Remedy is to use some heavy duty velcro pads on the underside (works a treat).