Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Which garage?

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2000, 08:25 PM
Jon Sargent
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be picking my first scoob up from Holland in March. (I feel like I'm 8 years old and I waiting for Christmas day!!)
Apparently I have to nominate a Scooby garage which will undertake the servicing and the upkeep of my 1 year warrenty. I live in the Camberley area and wondered which was the nearest garage to that? I have been to the Basingstoke garage - basically down the M3 - but can anyone give me advice on another one which maybe nearer or they know provides a top notch service. I know there is a garage in Guildford too but again I am unsure which one to use. Please help!!

Thanks
Jon
Old 13 February 2000, 09:50 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Whatever you do DONT GO TO BELL & COLVILL IN WEST HORSLEY!!!!!!!!!!

If you can, go to CHEAM SUBARU (CHEAM MOTORS) in Ewell Village....TOP GUYS!....speak to Steve in Service

[This message has been edited by sunilp (edited 13-02-2000).]
Old 14 February 2000, 10:26 AM
Mark Barrett
Scooby Regular

Jon

Got to agree with Sunil, bought my car from Bell and Colvill and they are beginning to **** me off with their don't care attitude.

In contrast just had the 22,5K service at SGT in Taplow (between Maidenhead and Slough) and the service was excellent.

Kept up to speed with progress by phone calls during the day, car cleaned properly inside and out, small packet of sweets as a thank you on the centre console.

I know that they will also fit aftermarket parts such as Power Engineering and Scooby Sport.

Only downsides: Crappy Justy as a Courtesy Car and I had to pay £10 to insure it unless providing my own insurance.

Mark
Old 14 February 2000, 05:57 PM
Subarussian
Scooby Regular

Question

Has anyone had any experience with Ace Kensington (service brunch in Acton)?

I bought my car from them - nice guys. Don't know anything yet about the Services though...
Old 14 February 2000, 06:04 PM
andy king
Scooby Newbie

Cool

The garage in Basingstoke, Mill Lane Engineering is your nearest guarage, and the parts manager lives in camberley and will pick up cars in that area and deliver back! hope this helps.