ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

MY01 PPP - boy am I hacked off!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2001, 04:34 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Having seen posts from Tiggs and others, just phoned IM to see if mine's on the way. (was quite high up the list). "Oh yours was an import from Holland. We need to write to them to advise them and get their confirmation on how this affects your warranty" How long will that take? "About 4-5 wks or so". Hello!!!!! Have they not heard of e-mail/fax/telephone etc.

Having waited for months for a Package to be developed, another month on the waiting list, I'm now expected to wait another month or so!!! Why didn't they set this in motion a month ago?? By the time this is sorted my warranty will have nearly expired anyway. (Plus claiming for anything seems a waste of time anyway for all the good it does)

I'm so hacked off with this I'm VERY tempted to go down the full decat & Link type route. For a couple of hundred more will potentially get more power and certainly the ability to change the map for future enhancements.

The only thing that puts be off is having a couple of cheapie looking LED thingys stuck on the dash somewhere. I'd rather not have to monitor what's going on under the bonnet. Rather just have a safe map and leave it at that till next time.

Waddya think? GRRRRRRRR
Old 13 August 2001, 05:44 PM
Blue
Scooby Regular

Red face

DT
THIS IS MY PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW !!
You've obviously fallen into the trap of thinking that because you own a Subaru, and have done as IM request and told them it's in the country - they will think you exist. I'm now in the lucky position of being out of my first years warranty, and if I have a problem will deal directly with the Belgian dealer. Not easy I know but at least they will speak to you which is more than can be said for IM.

As I said -my personal point of view.
Old 13 August 2001, 05:56 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
you dont have to install a knocklink or lambda link when you fit a link ECU!

They are just aditional items for those who like to see whats going on.

These can be fitted to your car now if you liked.
Old 13 August 2001, 06:33 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

IM-Dealer-Prodrive-Customer communication seems about as shoddy as it could be.

and I am probably one of the happiest- doesn't say much

Tiggs
Old 13 August 2001, 07:28 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Blue - might phone the Dutch dealer to see if he can help.

Tiggs - agreed. IM have a phone and fax, not sure why they can't use them. Dutch dealers have been happy with PPP for years so why shouldn't my WRX be a rubber stamp job?

John - thanks - didn't know that. Do you know if the chip options are of a similar standard? Motec, Link etc. Quite a few BBS users seem to have a link, any with Motec?

Old 13 August 2001, 07:37 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

The KnockLink and LambdaLink don't have to be purchased, but Bob does recommend them, and IMHO I think it worth it (i'm going to fit them with a Link).

Bob maps so his cars do not det, but if there is a problem I want to know about it. The LED display may be a bit tacky, but it's cheaper than a new engine

The Motec has more bells and whistles, but it's twice the price of the Link......
Old 13 August 2001, 07:49 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Question

Thanks Dave, Motec twice the price . If I can get my deposit back the Link's prob the way I'll go then.

Did he give you any estimates on what you could expect with your SS system?

Old 13 August 2001, 08:19 PM
wrx.co.uk
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

International motors has for the last few years waged war on Jap imports, this now seems to have spread to Euro import owners as well.

"Oh yours was an import from Holland. We need to write to them to advise them and get their confirmation on how this affects your warranty" - typical from the IM protectionist culture.

Its about time IM changed leadership!
Old 13 August 2001, 08:43 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Smile

DT

MY01 + full SS exhaust + turbo up pipe + Link, appears we should be looking at around 270bhp and 270ft/lb

I'm not interested in ultimate BHP, I shall be getting Bob to set it up for mid range torque for my mini Nurburgring route to the station
Old 13 August 2001, 08:45 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation

wrx.co.etc

Wow

Far left political rhetoric in a scoobynet thread
Old 13 August 2001, 08:47 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

Howdy Puff
Old 13 August 2001, 09:05 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Smile

Dave,
I'll have some of that then!! Would I be right in thinking £1300 for the Link gubbins. How much is the SS up-pipe, no details on site yet?

Gotta get my deposit back now then.

PCB - you sold that SS system yet?

Old 13 August 2001, 09:16 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Wink

DT,
Sorry system allready gone to my favourite exhaust customer BUT the man who knows all about link ecu's etc.. only lives 10 miles from you!!!! got to be worth investigating,
might also be able to find someone to take your PPP off your hands if dealer gets funny over deposit.

simon.
Old 13 August 2001, 09:36 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Simon , yes Bob's close proximity is attractive. Not sure about the PPP exchange. as you don't get your old ECU back can you just swap with someone else?

In any event would lose £200 in that probabily anyway, plus would actually have the thing. it's the constant delays that are p*****g me off and making me consider alternatives.

Old 13 August 2001, 09:56 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

DT,
What i meant was i may know someone who will give you your deposit money and take over your PPP order if you go an alternative route. I will give you a ring tomorrow for a chat.

simon.
Old 13 August 2001, 10:49 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Simon; Yep the fact that BR developments is just down the road haddn't escaped my attention.

Not sure about passing on the PPP. I guess you'd have to exchange ECU's with them. Don't even know where it is, let-alone whether you can do it. Plus would lose £200 in the transaction probabily. If I got to the point where I had it, then I probabily wouldn't bother to swap.
In the meantime I'm so p****d off with their sales process & service I'd rather not give them my money. (not that it would bother them I guess)
Old 13 August 2001, 11:16 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

DT, I may be being a bit thick, but I thought by law all new cars sold in the EU had a pan European standard warranty, if this is the case then surely as IM sort out any warranty problem in the UK it should have nothing to do with the supplying country.

In my opinion it just sounds like a good excuse to **** off European import owners !

E.
Old 13 August 2001, 11:22 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

Ed,
I thought that too - after I'd hung up. However, I'm trying to get a seatbelt replaced under warranty and there seems to be an equal amount of faffing around with that too.

I'm going to call back tomorrow with some considered responses.

I have to say, before I bought the Scoob I'd read all this stuff about top dealers 2-3 years running in JD Power surveys etc. Haven't seen much evidence thus far......
Old 14 August 2001, 08:11 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

DT

Your Link £ figure is about right

You'd have to talk to Pete about the up-pipe, I don't want to quote the figure he quoted me as ours is for two cars and we have spent *ahem* a little bit of cash there this year Not terribly expensive though!
Old 14 August 2001, 09:27 AM
DT
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers Dave. I had noticed that you have installed a cash dispenser at ScoobySport.

Old 14 August 2001, 10:03 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

DT

LOL

Actually, I now cut out the middleman and have my salary paid direct into the Royal Bank of Croney, so Sir Pete can get his hands on it earlier
Old 14 August 2001, 10:07 AM
DT
Scooby Regular

Dave LOL

When's Bob doing your Link?