Sponsored by:

Where was Scoobynet & SIDC ?

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2001, 06:28 PM
Gary- X705+++
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've just got back from Ultimate street car 2001 at Santa pod raceway, there were club stands for purgeot,cruisebaord.co.uk,speedcentral.co.uk & other internet based clubs but no Subaru ones. Why not have a Scoobynet stand next year ?
There was 15-20 scoobs at the event and only about 4 racing up the drag strip, come on next year let's give those cosworths some thing to talk about!
Old 12 August 2001, 07:07 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I went, I won't be going again though, utter shambles

Bob, nutter on orange and blue mini moto
Old 12 August 2001, 08:31 PM
Lee
Scooby Regular

With my personal non-SIDC hat on ...Santa Pod..yawn.

A scoob is not a straightline car. It wants to be really driven. quarter mile sprints are for petrol/nitrous heads.
Old 12 August 2001, 09:19 PM
turbo spudgun
Scooby Regular

Cool

lee
if that were strictly true, why do so many people on this bbs get so narked when a nova beats them at the lights
Old 12 August 2001, 11:40 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

hey turbo spudgun, have you been done by a nova at the lights, i know i havent! not yet anyway. Lee
Old 12 August 2001, 11:50 PM
Natural Born Chiller
Scooby Regular

Location: Waltham, a nice village that's just a little too close to Grimsby!
Exclamation

I've had too many bad experiances at USC! Used to be loads better when it was UFC, but deteriarated from about 1997, and got more roudy and dangerous each year!!!

I Don't Bother now!
Old 13 August 2001, 08:37 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went to USC 2 years ago.

Scared the BL00DY life out of me..... some of those people are completely insane.

Woke up in the morning to find that someone had been driving round the Quad bike track in a Renault 19, flattened everything and managed to put it on it's roof.

All done approx 15ft from our tents.

Good job we were heavy sleepers.

Must not foget the constant smell of rubber from the knackered cars doing Burn-Outs in the campsite every 5 minutes.

We also had a group of Nova boyz (well they were Corsa's really, but same difference), who were revving the nuts of there pride and joy and chearing everytime it backfired and spat sparks out of the exhaust (molten lumps of piston ring). Ooooh what fun.
The strangest thing tho' was that they were leathering of the morning dew the following day, cause they wanted them to look nice. Shame the engines shagged tho'.......

I Won't be going again.....sooner of later someones gonna get killed.....and it won't be on the 1/4 mile, but in the camp site.

Old 13 August 2001, 09:49 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

So thats why my home town Rushden was full of Kev'd up Novas and the like on Friday and Saturday nights?
All "larging" it in down town Rushden High Street, throwing the KFC and McDonald bags out the windows and beeping horns to 12 year old girls :O

Nick