Sponsored by:

Where can I get PPP from?

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2001, 02:47 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I've been toying for a while with the idea of getting PPP fitted to my MY00 Impreza , but I'm not sure where I can get it fitted.
Does the car have to go to Prodrive, or can any ddealer fit it locally? I saw one thread about getting it fittd at AF Noble, but that's in a whole other country!
The there was PTMW, who I believe got his done sort of unofficially somewhere in Essex .
Any ideas?
And is there a definitive price for it? Is £1500+VAT the best price around, and is it that price everywhere?

Thanks
Old 05 August 2001, 03:01 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another mortal tempted by Prodrive's sinful creations - cool! Didn't tempt you with my thread did I? Re where to get it fitted I saw that in Tony Burn's thread, MikeWood said:

MikeWood
Scooby Regular
posted 04 June 2001 10:02 AM

The exact mechanism of when and where the performance package can be fitted is still in discussion. One thing that will not change is that you can still bring your car to Prodrive to have it fitted. We have changed where we do the work now having moved to our new site near Warwick.
--------------------------------
However, Colin Noble said that one of his technicians had been on a course to fit it as Prodrive. Is Noble the first dealer to do it ?pilot scheme, or do/will other dealers do it? I'll ask when I'm there (hopefully later this week). Getting it done locally certainly swung it for me.... but if I were you, I would certainly travel to Warwick for it as it's not that hugely far is it? Certainly SE Scotland to Warwick is a different kettle of intercooler hoses. I think the group buy folk got it for £1450+VAT so I figured I was onto a good deal.
Old 05 August 2001, 03:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As far as i know you still have to go to Prodrive to get it fitted, but trust me, its just sooooooooooooooo entertaining on the way home
The group buy we had was at 1704 inc vat, seen somewhere you can get it for around 1600ish inc vat.
Best to shop around the dealers though, you only need make them a cheque out

Tony
Old 05 August 2001, 03:57 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, but Tony, folk have been having it fitted at AF Noble Penicuik SE Scotland. Hopefully me this week.
Old 05 August 2001, 04:04 PM
Scooby Doc
Scooby Regular

So has Mike Wood done a U-turn?

Or is A F Noble the new Scottish branch of Prodrive?

Is Penicuik not on the way to Warwick John?
Old 05 August 2001, 05:28 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

The only way to officially get a PPP is via a Subaru dealership. Prodrive will not deal with you directly (on didnt use to) they need to be ordered by a Subaru dealer. Speak to you local dealer and see what happens. They all use to be done at prodrive so they could run of the test track after it had been fitted and tweaked if necessary.

Becareful of pricing the MY01 PPP seems to be cheaper than than the pre MY01 (which yours is ). The old PPP was nearer 2K but there have been special reductions for group buys.

cheers

[This message has been edited by chrisp (edited 05 August 2001).]