Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

scooby gone, hello evo 7

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2001, 08:20 PM
ajw
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally part exchanged my 97 impreza turbo today for a evo 7 import. Scooby was a fab car but I started to get bored with her, I needed a younger, more powerful model.
I had just left the showroom, when b***er me, a crappy nova 1.3SR ( with peco exhaust ) decided to sit 3 feet from my bumper at 50mph for a good half mile. I almost wet myself when I looked in the rear view mirror and discovered a FEMALE driving. Girl power hey! I'm use to 17 year old boys behaving like that, but a 20ish female!
If i wasnt running it in, I would have shown her a thing or two!
Old 14 July 2001, 10:58 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Cool

Congrats AJW, i sold my Y reg P1 for a BIG RED 7, hopefully get next week sometime but as i am banned until the end of the month looks like girl-power is hitting hard as my girlfriend will be driving it until then.
What colour have you got????
What do you think about handling and responses etc???
I noticed a massive difference even to the P1
Build quality is also in a different league.
Good choice,
WELCOME TO THE WORLD WHERE SCOOBYS GO BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J
Old 14 July 2001, 11:46 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Dream on, I'd much rather have a Scoob than an over priced similar. Just think what mods you could make on a standard SCOOBY with £10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15 July 2001, 08:52 AM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yes Alan spend 10,000 and it still wont go as fast,corner as well etc etc etc etc
Who is dreaming here, you can dress up a sheep like a horse but it wont win the Grand National!!!!!!!
J
Old 15 July 2001, 09:56 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

Cool

Maybe not acelerate as fast or have active yaw to make it handle better . A scooby however :

Sounds good
Does more than 150 miles between fill ups
Looks better IMHO
Allow you to get a sensible(ish) insurance quote
Arrives at a meet to find more than one other person

Enjoy it

chrisp

[This message has been edited by chrisp (edited 15 July 2001).]
Old 15 July 2001, 10:13 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Having seen a couple of EVO7s on the road now - it is the only car that makes the bug-eyed impreza look good Has someone been putting some hallucinogenic substance in the water in Japan? I know the Japs are famous for bland cars, but the EVO7 is about the blandest of the bland - not that I don't doubt it goes *very* well though

The EV06 and Makinnen were both corkers and better (in styling) than the scoob, but Mitsu got it even more wrong than Subaru

But Jason, before you start larging it who you are going to be seeing 'go backwords' - have a look at the 0-100-0 test in Autocar. Both the M5 and M3 beat the EVO7 to 100 and even with 20bhp less the Warrender STi 320 beat the Warrender EVO 340 to 100
Old 15 July 2001, 01:32 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Quote from above “WELCOME TO THE WORLD WHERE SCOOBYS GO BACKWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

HAHAHAHAHA

I've been on many track days where I've totally embarrassed EVO's ((gloat ), even had the opportunity to T bone a couple as the poor dears spun, trying to out run me, and thats in my lowly (according to you) gorgeous sounding, more characterful MY00 Scoooooob. Maybe the active Yaaawn control put them to sleep, mid corner .

The reason the Evo is now on its 7th incarnation is because they just cannot keep up with the Scoob. Which is on its 2nd, with the MY01, admittedly dead ugly!!

So what are you guys are smoking? You’ll be seeing next!!

M
Old 15 July 2001, 03:42 PM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

Talking

Welcome to 7 ownership you will have no regrets

Iain
Old 17 July 2001, 04:49 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sorry folks i have been away for a few days proposing to my WAS GIRLFRIEND NOW FIANCE.
Good to see your comments even though they are not making sense, i dont recall subaru winning anything on the world rally scene for a number of years so MRK`Y so is trying to keep up with who?????????????( think before you speak )i would say driver more than car!
Exclusive is the word you are looking for Chrispy, have either you or GARY really seen a 7 in the flesh because i took all in all 11 people to compare my P1 beside the EVO 7 and every person said that the P1 looked sh*t next to the 7 and they are not wrong, the P1 looks like a throw back to when people where sticking XR4I spoilers on anything.
O and GARY thats why the new model is flying out the doors and winning everything it starts in ( think they better spend even more money on advertising ), huh how could i be so blind.
Sound/Petrol-tank yes you have the beating of the 7 but if thats what turns you on then buy a SHELL TANKER and rip off the exhaust!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Nothing like a good healthy de-bate. lol
J
Old 17 July 2001, 05:00 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Congrats on both the girlfriend/fiancee front (well, I think... ) and the car.

If it looks plain, what the hell? Bit more Q car than the VI . Enjoy it, and if you feel like converting the great Scoob-loving mass, put me on the list for a quick spin in it
Old 17 July 2001, 05:01 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Talking

Jason,

Congratulations/commiserations (delete as appropriate ) on your engagement.

All,

Yet another, this is better than that banter. Excellent. It's been at least 0.003 seconds since the last one.

Anyway, Scoobs are impressive cars, as are Evo's. The deciding factor is the driver. And I'm the best of all, ergo, my Scoob is the fastest bestest car on the planet!

Old 17 July 2001, 05:15 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Cool

CHEERS CHIARK/JEROME ,GOOD CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JAY
Old 17 July 2001, 05:56 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by jason b:
<B>Yes Alan spend 10,000 and it still wont go as fast,corner as well etc etc etc etc
Who is dreaming here, you can dress up a sheep like a horse but it wont win the Grand National!!!!!!!
J[/quote]

Earth calling jason, come in jason? £10,000 of the right tuning on a scooby will leave a standard evo 7 behind. Sorry.

Old 17 July 2001, 09:53 PM
Nico van Steen
Scooby Regular

Maybe you can do A LOT with UKP 10,000, but I still wouldn't spend that amount on upgrading a car. You'll never the balance of components a factory car has. So to avoid this I decided to keep the Scooby and get an EVO VI RS2 as well. Only downside is that the MX-5 turbo has to go. Expirience with the latter car is my basis for my plea not to heavely upgrade a car.

Nico