Sponsored by:

BIG THANKS TO NORTHAMPTONSHIRE POLICE

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2001, 12:03 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Drunk driver eh???? Not my favorite person as I was nearly killed by one in 1996, I still have terrible trouble walking somedays, as someone as already said it's not the police, but the senile old sods who sit in the courts, The guy that hit me head on at over 100 mph walked out of court with a £375 fine and £125 costs and a ban for 15 months, I too have spent a day in a patrol car with Bedfordshire Police and I have to say my eyes were prized open with the skill these guys have BTW one of the officers I spent the day with was a lady and she could drive better than the guy,It was a day I will never forget.
Cheers
Colin.
Old 17 July 2001, 06:51 AM
CHIZZER
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I know everyone beefs about the police,however I have to say that I had the privilege to spend 8 hours with 2 of the finest police officers around, in the High Pursuit Vehicle.
I can honestly say that after spending this time with them I now realize how much effort they put into a normal days work.
OK we all hate the police for speeding,however in the 8 hours I spent with them we ,arrested a drink drive,they witnessed other officers being spat at whilst under arrest,caught a car thief red handed,and also caught some guys after a burglary.
I must say a big thanks to Andy and Co and I now realize how much you put into the JOB!!
My personal perception of the Police has changed over night,they don't just deal with speeding offences,they deal with a lot of other issues as well.Just think, for every car thief they take of the road,the less there are to steal your pride and joy. Again a big thanks to Andy and Co for an excellent insight to the way the police deal with criminal issues.
Regards
Mark (TN Tyres Northampton)
Old 17 July 2001, 08:24 AM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Although there are occasional exceptions it isnt the actual Police officers I get annoyed with. They are usually doing their job even if they are slightly over zealous. It is the petty minded car haters in councils and in Government who legislate against the cars all the time that I hate.
Old 17 July 2001, 09:02 AM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Nice one mark.

Trigger
You probably won't be surprised to hear that the police hate them also!

Cheers

Simon
Old 17 July 2001, 10:01 AM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mark,

It seems you can 'blagg' your way into almost anything
Old 17 July 2001, 10:09 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Biggest problem is the courts who then let the car thieves back out after a couple days and a slapped wrist, and a nice holiday in the Bahamas!