Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girlfriend caught speeding in my Scoob!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2001, 11:26 PM
Lemmy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just received a "Notice of Intended Prosecution" for doing 87 mph in a 60 mph limit on the A508 in Northants, between Stoke Bruerne and Grafton Regis. My girlfriend, Gina, was driving at the time. The notice mentions that we were caught by a camera and since there are no Gatscos on the above stretch of A508 it must have been a mobile unit. We certainly didn't see it. What annoys me is that I think it was just after we had just overtaken a few vehicles on a perfectly straight and open stetch of road. It was certainly no accident black spot, the ******* rozzers were just revenue collecting!!!

A few weeks ago I was thinking about getting a speed trap detector, but Gina persuaded me it was not worth it. I may have to reconsider now.

Does anyone have an idea what sort of fine (hopefully not a ban) and how many points my girlfriend is likely to get. Amazingly, it is her first motoring offence of any kind.

I seem to remember from previous posts that there is a website that gives advice on what to do when caught speeding and also one that gives the location of mobile camera units in Northants. Does anyone know the addresses for these.

Alan
Old 17 July 2001, 01:07 AM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Hey Lemmy,

This is quite a handy website, if u tell it how fast u were going, what road it was on etc it will tell u what it thinks the fine and points will be.
Old 17 July 2001, 12:35 PM
Silent Monkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts