Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How log till I can floor it? Chip?

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2001, 09:26 PM
charnwood
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pick up my new scooby in 10 days, just wondering how long most ppl here left it before they drove it like it should be driven.. i have seen 1k is recommended, but dont think i will be able to hold out that long.

Was going to get celica 190 till i by chance test drove the wrx.. no comparison!!

The other question is getting the ecu chipped.. does it work well, and does it mean the engine life is badly affected?

will be at a meet as soon as i can too!!

Richard
Old 14 July 2001, 09:54 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Charnwood,
I am by no means an Expert but I know it is a really good idea to run to the 1k service before letting her rip as the oil in it at the minute should be a much thinner oil for running in.

On the massive subject of chipping you will need someone that knows more than me but you can't go far wrong with the PPP, the warranty approved upgrade from prodrive available through your dealer, it is really the only upgrade that you can do that is worth money when the time comes to sell (imho)

Andy
Old 14 July 2001, 10:03 PM
charnwood
Scooby Newbie

awww... i was hoping you would say, 'wait for a couple of hundred miles' hehe

i must admit my nights are starting to get sleepless in anticipation..

im sure i will pick up loads of useful info at a meetup, like the cheapest way to crush my current xsara lol.

Old 14 July 2001, 10:11 PM
Mark.S
Scooby Regular

Talking

Had my WRX a couple of weeks now, love it!
Will be getting PPP fitted some time in August. I had a drive in Jonathon's "Chins" UK300 PPP the other day AWESOME, lots of go and it sounded great. Do try and stick to running it in, your soon clock up 1000 miles, then the smile will get bigger. Where are you getting your car from?

Cheers,
Mark.
Old 14 July 2001, 10:19 PM
charnwood
Scooby Newbie

im getting the car from anthony betts in milton keynes, can't get imports cos they take too long and its frowned on by company. (im able to get wrx thanks to opting out of company car and going for an allowance instead)

i saw a uk300 in a carpark here the other day, must admit it does look the business, maybe cos the bug eyes dont look so bad hehe!! the only option i got is the gold wheels at the moment as i think thay look good with dark blue.

looks like i will be sticking to the 1k run in though

any other scoopy ppl in mk area, would be nice to hear from you as im very new to the area.

richard
Old 14 July 2001, 10:38 PM
Silent Monkey
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by charnwood:
<B>any other scoopy ppl in mk area, would be nice to hear from you as im very new to the area.
[/quote]

Yes there are quite a few, have a look at the Southern events forum. You just missed the regular Caldecotte Arms meet by a couple of days Sure there will be another in a few weeks.

If you haven't already, take a look at the SIDC web site, Anthony Betts give a discount to members, soon save the £20 membership fee.

Well worth sticking to the 4000 rpm until the 1000 mile service IMHO.

Barry

Old 14 July 2001, 10:54 PM
charnwood
Scooby Newbie

thats where i saw the uk300 in caldecotte arms car park!!, i only work the other side of the lake there, so if the meets are there its very convenient.

well no doubt i might see you in the months to come.

richard