Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you fed up with......

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2001, 10:11 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
buying bits for your car that don't just bolt straight on?
I recieved in the post today a set of braided hoses for my car, sold to me by one of the advertisers on here, only to find that I had to take a file to them to get them to fit right, the lump of metal in the middle of the hose was too big to fit in the slot on the strut, not just on one hose, but on all four!
This is not the first time I have had this sort of dilema, and I just wondered if it would be too difficult to actually make bits that fit!!!!!!!!!
Ron
(now with hoses that will rust!)
Old 05 July 2001, 10:33 PM
Graham Stocker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Make sure those wheels dont rust Ron!!

Old 08 July 2001, 10:11 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So.......
Let me get this straight then.
I'm the only one thats ever bought anything that doesn't fit!
I think not!!!!
Ron
Old 08 July 2001, 10:57 PM
Pob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard about this braided hose affair before. Some people do have problems, others don't

Tell you what problem I did have though was a certain company posting out a downpipe for a UK car "I'm absolutely positive it will fit sir, we fit them to uk cars all the time here."

Well come to fit and....

1. The flange connection between downpipe and standard centre catted section was completely different.

2. When the connection was fettled to mate the sections up it made the backbox strain on its hangers and the tailpipe disapeared under the car. (no I didn't cut 4 inches off during fettling.)

3. Result..had to cut and weld in another section of pipe.

A 2 hour job turned into an all day one, scratching around for other bits and making bits up to make it fit, not nice.

If there is something I have taken from the experience is if it don't fit, send it back,
even if you have just spent the last hour removing your old bits to find it's not right.

I know how you feel I've been there, I was caught between sending it back or not, I was so keen to get my latest mod on, ended up feeling pi55ed off and sort of ruined it knowing it wasn't right.