AutoExpress - made me smile

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2000, 01:23 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

From the on-line edition

Fewer than one in nine local councils back the proposed fees and twice as many oppose charging for a parking space at work than support it, the research by the Institute of Civil Engineers found.

Old 03 February 2000, 01:29 PM
NickM
Scooby Regular

Old 03 February 2000, 02:08 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

So what, I don't think "The Government"Inc has to get the local council's permission if it wants to force the issue!

Remember Poll Tax, I bet scotland's councils really liked being the pilot scheme then. Still tried it down here, regardless!
Old 03 February 2000, 02:46 PM
grief
Scooby Regular

Perhaps the next step in the looney left transport policy will be to privatise the nations' roads and police forces.

With private sector controlled roads, laws and police, these are probably the measures needed to return a healthy profit, with a sizeable cut going to the government, of course. This way, the government can free itself of administration, resolve itself of blame and still keep it's hands in your pocket.

If the government want you to bend over and grab your ankles, they'll always find a way....

Anyone for shares in Essex County Council's Road and Traffic PLC ? There are lots of speed cameras guaranteeing a sizeable cash flow and healthy dividends for investors
Old 03 February 2000, 03:05 PM
Grubby
Scooby Regular

Question

In the magazine is an article about cost of extra's on new cars like A/C and ABS. It talks of someone who spent £17K on options for an Impreza Turbo - What on earth do you get for that money from an official purchase???
Old 03 February 2000, 03:10 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Cool

I think its called a 22B [8^)

Jesting!
Old 03 February 2000, 03:30 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Grief,

I'm with you mate, the B******s are about to blanket Thurrock with cameras - and they admit it is just to raise revenue from motoring offences Looks like my number plate will have to escape the Zymol treatment for a while

Grubby,

Twighlight zone stuff here, just had a scan through Topmarques on-line car ads (how much is my MY98 worth) and the Scooby with £17k of extras is for sale here for.......wait for it......wait for it £31,000

Yex
Old 03 February 2000, 04:31 PM
Grubby
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Yex,

According to the article in Autoexpress, the point they were making was that after 1 year the cars value was only 23k, therefore the poor sod spending 17k on options lost out! If someone is now selling it on for 31k then it looks like the original owner lost out even more!