Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

About to order an import - any comments.

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2001, 02:05 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am about to order a 2002 4 door WRX from
Old 29 June 2001, 03:24 PM
MidLife
Scooby Newbie

Edward

Placed my order and sent off the deposit for same spec car through Keyring Cars. The total price when I have fitted Cat 1 alarm is likely to be a shade over 16K. The only possible variations to this will result from either manufacturer price change and/or the HM Customs exchange rate on the UK VAT.

I can understand that you want the security of dealing with a large well known business but they are still acting as your agent. Your contract to purchase is with dealer. I would guess jamjar don't guarantee the final price and is subject to variation of exchange rates, Subaru price hike etc.

You could also check for good/bad comments regarding jamjar on the NG uk.rec.cars.imports

Old 29 June 2001, 03:35 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I would rather deal with a person who you can gauge fro experience and build a relationship with for the future.

I have bought one car from iain litchfield, and was shocked by the customer service and his integrity. rare i a dealer, and certainly better than a faceless corporation.

i will never buy a car from anyone else again, and have since had three more friends buy their cars through him. I think his prices may well compete with those you have stated.

Old 29 June 2001, 04:54 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

I have just spoken to Ian @ Litchfield imports.

The price is a bit better but the main benefit is that he claims the car will come with a 3 year Subaru warranty (backed by the Subaru importer in Belgium).

If I choose to collect it from Belgium I can pay the outstanding balance by bankers draft when I collect which I much prefer (less risk of anyone going bust).

Anyone aware of the 3 year warranty ??

Cheers

Edward
Old 29 June 2001, 05:02 PM
BT52b
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Edward:
<B>I have just spoken to Ian @ Litchfield imports.

The price is a bit better but the main benefit is that he claims the car will come with a 3 year Subaru warranty (backed by the Subaru importer in Belgium).

If I choose to collect it from Belgium I can pay the outstanding balance by bankers draft when I collect which I much prefer (less risk of anyone going bust).

Anyone aware of the 3 year warranty ??

Cheers

Edward[/quote]

That was one reason I went for Belgium over Holland. Went direct to the dealer that a Belgian friend of mine uses though.

Notice that the non-airbag sports seats are CHEAPER than the standard ones, whereas in the UK they are "no-cost options!" How generous...
Old 29 June 2001, 05:04 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Edward,

does this mean you will be using Iain, or will you still be using a larger less personal company?
Old 29 June 2001, 05:24 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

Adam, if the three year warranty is correct I will sort it out through Ian Litchfield.

I want the vehicle registering early 2002 so I have a couple of weeks to sort it out yet.

E.
Old 29 June 2001, 07:04 PM
navigator
Scooby Regular

Smile

my understanding is the 3 yr warranty is an insurance taken out by subaru belgium.
but if mark motteshead or kate is reading this they'll no doubt wish to make a comment.
yea i'm getting mine thru key ring too.