Temporary Halt on All Motor Quotations

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2001, 05:48 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Evening All,

With immediate effect we have put a temporary halt on issuing any New Business quotations for "High Risk Motor"...i.e Subarus, Mitsubishis, Porsche etc. This is purely to enable us to concentrate on our existing clients who are presently insured with Independent Insurance.

As you may be aware from recent press comment Independent Insurance Company have formally stated they will not be writing any new business or transacting future renewals, effective immediately they will be in orderly "run off".

For those of our clients who are currently insured with Independent their policies will continue through to renewal date.

Prior to your renewal we shall of course be arranging quotations with alternative markets.

From a claims perspective all claims will continue to be dealt with per the normal policy terms and conditions.

We are of course aleady discussing the High Risk Motor scheme with other major composite insurers and Lloyds Underwriters. These meeting started this morning at 10.00am...and will no doubt continue for the next week or 2.

Please feel free to contact myself or one of my colleagues should you have any further concerns.

Tom (aka Rum*)
Partner
Schofield Insurance Brokers
Tel: 0113 250 0377
Mobile: 07798 762285
Old 14 June 2001, 07:51 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Question

Tom
Are they still doing the track day insurance?
Cheers Dave
Old 14 June 2001, 09:43 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Does this mean we wont be able to switch over in July as anticipated ?
Regards
Chris
Old 14 June 2001, 11:25 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Its still very early to tell exactly how the forthcoming days, weeks and/or months will pan out.

However, it is my understanding that amendments to existing policies will still be accepted...this incudes Trak cover for existing clients

At the moment, as I am sure you all appreciate, we are still somewhat in the dark...basically we are "fire fighting", attempting to sort alternative markets for those clients with immediate renewals...once we have got our heads above water, in circa 7 days...we will start to provide quotations again (I stress that the temporary "stop" is purely to deal with potential problems for existing clients...and this is not restricted to motor....we have a considerably larger household, liability, personal accident and commercial account to resolve as well ).

We will be writing to all clients early next week to detail everything that we know...

As soon as I know anything I will post details on here, IWOC and West Yorks egroup.

In the meantime if any clients have any queries regarding the above please do not hesitate to contact either me or any of my staff on 0113 250 0377 during office hours...or within reason (and Blow Dog this applies to you M8 ) on my mobile which is 07798 762285.

All the best.

Tom (aka Rum*)

(P.S. Blow Dog managed to get me at some ungodly hour whilst I was in Cornwall, sitting in a pub garden...enjoying numerous beers...mid-evening prior to his little trip to Begium last year )