Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EU clutch warranty claim - success!

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2001, 12:16 AM
Hollywood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for others info - I had the clutch replaced on my MY00 on April 2nd, and today Subaru Holland have agreed to the warranty claim, and I'll get my £975 back in a couple of days!

The symptoms were the usual juddering, accompanied by a "squacking" noise on engaging drive.

Hopefully others will have similar successes - my dealer here is Lancaster Pangbourne if anyone's interested.

Nick
Old 06 June 2001, 12:24 AM
rjh
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nice one!

I've had the clutch done under warranty on my EU import too - took less than a week from fitting to refund.

Hopefully those of us who have had refunds will give others with problems confidence to go ahead.

Richard
Old 06 June 2001, 12:39 AM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Hi guys TOP news

Mine goes in, in a couple of weeks. My dealer, Wilsons of Chadwell Heath is not to optimistic as he’s had three rejections from Holland this year already.

Did you get your Holland dealers involved??

Thanks

M
Old 06 June 2001, 01:21 PM
Hollywood
Scooby Regular

rjh - a WEEK! That's good going... My dealer in Holland (Gertjan van der Velde) reckoned on 6 weeks minimum for anything to happen at all...

MRK - in the end I didn't need to get Gertjan involved (at least I don't think he got involved!) What I did do however was write to IM around 10 days ago to complain that the old clutch was still at Lancasters after 6 weeks, as they were supposed to be arranging pick up and despatch to Holland. I got a letter back after a couple of days apologising for the delay, and lo and behold now I have my money back....

Nick
Old 06 June 2001, 01:26 PM
PhilH
Scooby Regular

Hi Hollwood

I had the same experience as Richard - clutch changed at 16k miles and 1 week turnaround for approval.

That makes 4 EU Imports that I am aware of that have successfully maied a clutch claim.

Phil
Old 06 June 2001, 01:59 PM
rjh
Scooby Regular

Talking

I used Showells (after PhilH's sucess). Mark there doesn't take any messing - as he said if it judders it's faulty regardless of where you bought it. Showells are just around the corner from IM, probably helped speed things up.

One tip, take pictures of the clutch + flywheel before they are sent away to prove there are no signs of abuse.

Richard.

PS. Never spoke to the Dutch dealer about the problem, Showells did all the chasing.
Old 06 June 2001, 02:11 PM
merlin
Scooby Regular

Question

I have a Euro import which has clutch judder occasionally - perhaps once or twice a week. Will the clutch judder get worse and how bad does the judder have to be before IM will consider changing it?

My concern is that next winter the clutch judder will become a real problem and by then it will be out of warranty...
Old 06 June 2001, 02:24 PM
rjh
Scooby Regular

Talking

Merlin,
My car did it once in a while + progressed to every morning, so yes it does get worse. Don't know how bad it has to be before they replace it, you could see the judder marks when it was taken out.

If your dealer drives the car and notices judder it shouldn't be a problem getting it replaced.

Richard
Old 06 June 2001, 03:34 PM
Hollywood
Scooby Regular

Yup it does get worse. Get it changed whilst you still have a warranty...

It also helps if you can get a written report from the UK dealer to say that in their opinion it is faulty. It took me 2 tries and 2 test drives to get Lancaster to agree that there was a problem - not a criticism of them at all, just a point that it is worth perservering if you believe there IS a problem.

Nick
Old 07 June 2001, 12:11 AM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Talking

My Holland dealer has just e-mailed me and he says that he will watch the process of the claim.

So fingers X'd

Thanks for the advice guys

M