Sponsored by:

How Important - FSSH ?

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2002, 08:12 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

The last 6 services on my Terzo have been done at Subaru dealer's. However, due to the prices they charge, I am relluctant to take it to a main dealer on principal, and my local garage would do just as good a job, if not better.

So, if I was selling the car and it didn't have a full Subaru service history, but it did have a full service history would you be bothered ?

What are people's experiences with FSSH ? Am I likely to have to dramatically reduce its "for sale" price when I come to sell it ?

Thanks for any replies

Matt
Old 26 June 2002, 04:59 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Anyone ????
Old 26 June 2002, 06:44 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

Matt!
Get yer hand in yer pocket!!
As much as it hurts to admit it, I always use the main dealer because they're supposed to be "speciallists" as opposed to some backstreet garage who'll wipe it over with an oily rag.
If you've got a full dealer service history it will go some way to convincing a would-be buyer that the car has been well looked after and maintained. ( Although they haven't seen you driving it! )
I don't think it'll make too much difference to the price but it is a good selling point.
There are some good non-dealer servicing points such as TSL, Scoobysport, Scoobymania etc. although they are a bit far to travel just for a quick service! But you could combine it with the purchase of a downpipe!!

Jason
Old 26 June 2002, 07:03 PM
robs
Scooby Regular

depends on what its worth I guess...mine had a FSSH until this year. It's M Reg, done 115K, and ain't worth much, so I decided to do the servicing myself. Have kept receipts etc to prove. Pleasantly surprised at how straightforward it is to do...
Will get it checked over once a year by Subaru. That will do as far as I'm concerned.
If I was buying, I would rather see receipts for regular oil changes than over long,missing or late intervals for dealer servicing.
Old 26 June 2002, 08:41 PM
Flat 4x4
Scooby Regular

As the others said:-

fSsh is well worth keeping up - to a point.

I guess that with your Terzo it still has sizeable value attached to it ?

If you are going to keep it for a year more years I'd go outside (except for the Cambelt change)

If you are probably going to sell in a year or so 's time then you might as well keep the history up and maximise your return - especially if trading for another Subaru
Old 26 June 2002, 09:27 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

I have a friend who is a Subaru mechanic he does my services and tends to all my needs. I do not have full service history but the car could be checked, all genuine Scoob parts. If and when it goes for sale I would even pay for the independant check. Im sure its fault free and not been bodged.