Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be aware of bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2001, 12:06 AM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am allways, allways, aware of bikers. Usually when they're about 3 or 4 cars back in a fast moving line of traffic, I will spot them and move to the left, no prob's.
Usually get the low down, drop off the bars hand out or a thumb.
I also often notice the total lack of awareness from some ********* in front, who don't even notice me "n" my scoob, let alone a biker with headlight blazing.
Old 25 May 2001, 12:51 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I agree with what is being said here..

I always thank people for moving over unless it is not safe to do so, or on some occasions they have previously been a d*ckhead... like overtaking without indication or warning or looking as I am about to pass them when I have already waited long enough for them to do so...
Then they don't get a thank you for moving over....

I also appoligise for the bikers that don't say thank you or that ride like complete twonks...
There is sensible from a car drivers point of view...
sensible from a bikers point of view which quite often will look very unsensible from a car drivers point of view....
and then there is the complete nutter...
I'll never forget being in a rush on the M25 and the taffic is doing about 50mph and I was carefully weaving inbetween the queue of cars at probably about 70mph which sounds lots but was okay, and another biker went past at about what must have been 90mph at least.... nutter

ho ho JGM
Old 25 May 2001, 09:13 AM
bennetm
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just a quick reminder, summer is here (I think) and there are a lot of fast bikers around.
We do a lot more pulling out and overtake moneuvers than most drivers, so watch for Ninja's, Fireblades etc giving us a whooping!

Always good to get a wave if you pull over a bit!

MB

Old 25 May 2001, 09:16 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

I for one appreciate a wave from a biker when I pull over, so all you bikers out there - don't forget to wave...
Old 25 May 2001, 09:30 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yup, mutual respect is the safe way to go!

D
Old 25 May 2001, 09:35 AM
wacko
Scooby Regular

Always considerate and make space for bikers.... never know, may have one myself some day.
Old 25 May 2001, 09:36 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Yup, a quick flash of the left indicator to show you've seen 'em and that it's clear almost always gets a thumbs up on the way past...
Old 25 May 2001, 10:42 AM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'll always acknowledge a driver that makes that bit of extra room! Just don't pull over too far to the left and pepper those behind will all the cr*p that sits near the gutter!

Matt
Old 25 May 2001, 11:01 AM
GranTurismo
Scooby Regular

Yep, I appreciate a wave when I pull in (as I frequently do) BUT!

What does annoy me is that some Bikers think they have a god-given right to overtake you. This is a pain in the bum when you are out for a blat and overtaking traffic, some bikers assume that you aint going to overtake in a sort straight(becuase 99% of people wont). Usually I let em go first coz they will be out of the way in 0.5 of a second, but I like to have the choice if its "my space"

Also I have had several bikers not look behind them when they pull out to overtake on dual carrageways. They seem to think they are the only people who go fast.

I dotn want to give people a hard time, live and let live etc, and I know that the risk to thier life is much more than to mine, but

THINK ONCE
THINK TWICE
THINK SCOOBY!

The same goes for other entusiastically driven cars.
Old 25 May 2001, 11:20 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

I too appreciate people that pull over for me - always wave unless unsafe to do so.

As for scoobs I pass, I generally toot & wave & make an effort to show they've been noticed No-one's posted in the "Was It You" forum yet tho'

I was once out with a certain Rainbird & he let a CBR600 overtake, then whilst the guy was still accelerating hard pulled out & overtook him back

Funniest thing in ages Rider pulled up beside us further down the road, shook his head in amazement, gave the thumbs up & went.

Old 25 May 2001, 11:35 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I always pull over for bikes and feel a bit peaved when I don't get a wave.

By the way, when people let me past or are generally nice to me on the road, I give the hazard warning lights 3 flashes. Does anyone else do this and do people realise it's a thank you?

Steve {flash}{flash}{flash}
Old 25 May 2001, 11:50 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Cool

Can I apologies for any bikers that don't wave. It's not that they don't appreciate it. Its just that holding the handle bars by the throttle can be a bit hairy when you are accelerating thru a tight space. French bikers stick their leg out instead. This looks extremely funny if you get 4 or 5 of them passing at once.

Puff - I had this happen first time I ever saw a Legacy. The guy moved over at approx 55 Mph. I did a 6th gear roll on up to about 135, glanced around for my mate and saw said Legacy streaking past. I almost fell off in amazement.