ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

SIDC Membership Renewals ??

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2000, 03:52 PM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I received a letter concerning my membership renewal the other day, which I was quite surprised at, seeing as I have only been a member since June of last year?

Is the renewal date the same for everyone i.e. - at the beginning of a new year? or do I get a years membership for my fee?

If the renwal date is the beginning of a new year, then I had better get a cheque in the post - fast, but i just thought I had better check first!

Help appreciated !!

Thanks

James
Old 25 January 2000, 04:17 PM
JohnS

Cool

James,

there have been a few post on this topic in the past. Might be worth doing a quick search.

Basically for ease of admin purposes (no-one in the SIDC gets paid for any work they do for the club!), all renewals expire at the same time, which I think is September (end of). Anyone who joins within a couple of months of the expiry date will get 14 months membership for their first contribution

I know some people will feel hard done by because of this, but £20 isn't a lot of money these days (about 1/2 tank of fuel), and most other clubs charge a once off joining fee to cover the set-up admin, production of membership card, back issue of magazines etc.

Most people think they get good value for money
Old 25 January 2000, 04:36 PM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

Sounds good enough to me!

The cheque will be in the post!!

Thanks

James
Old 25 January 2000, 10:48 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

John,

Whilst I agree with the points you made, I too had the same enquiry after receiving a letter just before Christmas.

I don't think any of us would have any objections, but I'm not the only one who didn't know. I had never seen any mention of this and even though I enclosed a letter to this effect with my cheque I'm still none the wiser.

To be fair, even you don't know the exact date, so what hope is there for the newer members?

Josh
Old 25 January 2000, 11:59 PM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Arrow

I thought about this last week, but haven't had the chance to read any of the other Posts about it yet.

Does a letter definately come out when the membership renewal time is up?
Old 26 January 2000, 03:53 AM
Keith Moore
Scooby Regular

Cool

I'm sure if you do a search on membership, you'll find some messages about renewal dates.

The year runs September to September, but the fact that few if anyone knew about this was of great concern last September. I seem to recall this has been clarified. But, without checking through the club rule book that now gets issued, I couldn't say for definite.

Keith
Old 26 January 2000, 09:12 AM
andymac
Scooby Regular

Got my request for renewal (which is fine), but is said "after repeated reminders". This is the first one I've had !

Old 26 January 2000, 09:26 AM
JohnS

Cool

The first reminder was printed in the last issue of True Grip, which asked members to send in their renewal cheques. Page 2, first article.