Sponsored by:

Car value

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2021, 05:53 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Car value

Hi all, just after your opinion regarding your car valuation now. From eBay, pistonheads etc etc....there’s no way I could afford what I have now if I were to sell it. I bought my car for 11 grand and that’s a 1 owner completely standard widetrack blobeye in blue. There’s no way I could buy that now going by current values. A lot of you have special editions which you may have bought for a good price years ago and suddenly noticed now they have doubled in value, anyone noticed?

btw...anyone own a type r, p1 ?They have flew up 💵

Last edited by johno01; 28 May 2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 29 May 2021, 10:20 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by johno01
Hi all, just after your opinion regarding your car valuation now. From eBay, pistonheads etc etc....there’s no way I could afford what I have now if I were to sell it. I bought my car for 11 grand and that’s a 1 owner completely standard widetrack blobeye in blue. There’s no way I could buy that now going by current values. A lot of you have special editions which you may have bought for a good price years ago and suddenly noticed now they have doubled in value, anyone noticed?

btw...anyone own a type r, p1 ?They have flew up 💵
car valuations are all over the place i think, gone are the days where you could buy a cheap run around for £500 ish,people are asking that sort of money for mot failures/scrappers.

we bought a honda civic type r 2009 from honda in april 2018 for £9k with 40k on the clock (overpriced at the time but we wanted one with 2 years warranty and all the benefits from a main dealer)
we just sold it last month with 46k on the clock and only had to buy a battery/service and refurb the wheels on it during our ownership for just less than £8k so in 3 years we only lost just over £1k which i thought was great, we did try selling the car around 18 months ago and even dropped the price to £6500 but literally had no interest.

another example is my 2006 jeep grand cherokee 3.0crd with 133k on it bought in summer 2018 for £1500 (low price back then as they were averaging around £2500 with similar mileage on) all i have done is tyres/discs and pads and a full service including diff/s & transfer case oil and a new battery, it now has 145k on it and is going strong, i reckon looking at the market if i ran a MOP over it and spent around £300 on bits and bobs i could easily ask £3500+ for it,its not for sale though as its truly the most reliable tank ive ever driven and i love it.lol

i honestly thought with whats happened with covid that it would be a buyer's market but its the opposite. i tried at the start of the year to do a deal with an f10 m5 @ sytner's in harold wood thinking that they would need to shift it due to low sales............i couldnt have been more wrong,they wouldnt knock any money off it or offer any more than the std 1 year warranty, all they offered was their auto-shine package thing which is the biggest scam they could offer.
i tried another m5 in tamworth @ sytner and they were the same, no money off and nothing extra so im sticking with the jeep for now until things return to normal. BTW both m5;s had been sitting on their website for 4-5 months hence me thinking i would get a good deal.

house prices have also rocketed, we paid £240k for our brand new 3 bed detached in august 2017, going on what others have sold for since then on our street (same house but with less square footage) once our porcelain patio is finished i reckon we would be nearer the £290k mark now maybe more., i was furloughed in april last year but was asked to come back as work went through the roof and hasnt stopped since. its a good position to be in but bad aswell as we have had to do alot of extra hours due to positive covid cases throughout the place. same with my wife,she is a carer @ a dementia home and at one point she was doing 14 hours shifts,literally wiped her out. we havent had a honeymoon (married in feb 2020) nor did we go out for our 1st anniversary so like alot of folk we put alot of money into the house (cctv/full aircon/patio with retaining walls etc)

sorry for the rant lol got carried away.

The following users liked this post: