Sponsored by:

Drivers door dropped

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2020, 02:48 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Drivers door dropped

So I'm guessing this is a problem on the classics, but drivers door seems to have dropped.

Been thinking of ways to higher it back, guessing it due to people leaning on the door?

One option is put a jack under the door and lift it that way, I'm sure I've read on the forum somewhere.

Any other ideas?
Old 18 September 2020, 06:18 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Maybe loosen the 4 bolts on the hinges (front edge of the door) once you open the door fully, that gives you access to the bolts....jack the door up up slightly and re-tighten the hinge bolts? I don't know how "adjustable" the hinges are.

Make sure the jack is biting just enough before you loosen anything, and obviously protect the bottom door edge with cardboard or a rag. A jacking puck would be good if you have one.

Push closed gently first time, as you may also need to try and adjust the striker loop in the door jamb....
Just a suggestion, and bodywork is never my thing, but it's not a case of the rear door going up somehow.... making the driver door look like it's gone down?
Old 18 September 2020, 08:13 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...a-classic.html
Old 18 September 2020, 10:36 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Ok cheers bud, didn't think it would be to as simple as adjusting the brackets.

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
Maybe loosen the 4 bolts on the hinges (front edge of the door) once you open the door fully, that gives you access to the bolts....jack the door up up slightly and re-tighten the hinge bolts? I don't know how "adjustable" the hinges are.

Make sure the jack is biting just enough before you loosen anything, and obviously protect the bottom door edge with cardboard or a rag. A jacking puck would be good if you have one.

Push closed gently first time, as you may also need to try and adjust the striker loop in the door jamb....
Just a suggestion, and bodywork is never my thing, but it's not a case of the rear door going up somehow.... making the driver door look like it's gone down?
Old 19 September 2020, 09:25 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Hi yes i did see this Don, will give it a try. Its annoying having to slam the door so it will shut. Back doors close with ease.