Sponsored by:

Back in the Subaru world

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2020, 07:33 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Back in the Subaru world

Following my post literally below saying I'd like to come back Subaru ownership.
​​​​​​Today I put a deposit down on a newly imported 2003 WRX STI V limited 555.
It's in immaculate condition and I cannot wait to pick it up!

The following users liked this post:
Old 11 June 2020, 08:43 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats - Looks a beaut !
Old 11 June 2020, 08:45 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks nice, hope it’s been under sealed properly. Just out of curiosity, when you say newly imported what do you mean by that? It is showing as first being registered in the UK on 01/12/2019 from what I see. I could be wrong but don’t think so. has it been mapped for UK fuel etc? I know you are not new to these cars but sometimes people forget. Either way lovely clean looking example, congrats.
Old 11 June 2020, 08:50 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R666ORY+1
Looks nice, hope it’s been under sealed properly. Just out of curiosity, when you say newly imported what do you mean by that? It is showing as first being registered in the UK on 01/12/2019 from what I see. I could be wrong but don’t think so. has it been mapped for UK fuel etc? I know you are not new to these cars but sometimes people forget. Either way lovely clean looking example, congrats.
Thank you, oh I'm not sure, I don't believe it's been driven in UK roads, the listing from them said fresh imported!
Thank you for reminding me, that was another question I was meant to ask about the mapping for fuel!
Old 11 June 2020, 09:21 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

https://www.caranalytics.co.uk/select-product

This link should* take you to it. If not just input the reg. scroll down and it will tell you when first registered in the UK (this is where I got the date from). Also shows what I assume to be it’s first MOT on 17/11/19 prior to first registration. So it’s been in the UK nearly 7 months going off these two dates. Not suggesting anything immoral is going on but if you are being told it’s newly imported I’d want some sort of clarification on what that means. Do you know the current mileage on it? The same site tells you the mileage on first registration/MOT. It was then 92463km. Again I could be reading the data incorrectly but I don’t think I am. Must stress I only mention it as not all garages are totally honest.
Old 11 June 2020, 09:33 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R666ORY+1
https://www.caranalytics.co.uk/select-product

This link should* take you to it. If not just input the reg. scroll down and it will tell you when first registered in the UK (this is where I got the date from). Also shows what I assume to be it’s first MOT on 17/11/19 prior to first registration. So it’s been in the UK nearly 7 months going off these two dates. Not suggesting anything immoral is going on but if you are being told it’s newly imported I’d want some sort of clarification on what that means. Do you know the current mileage on it? The same site tells you the mileage on first registration/MOT. It was then 92463km. Again I could be reading the data incorrectly but I don’t think I am. Must stress I only mention it as not all garages are totally honest.
I appreciate the comments, the mileage is very similar. They are a very well known import company with s great rep. The as said fresh import so I guess I just assumed very fresh!

​​​​​​Harlow Jap Autos.
Old 11 June 2020, 09:48 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

It is a very clean looking car in the advert, it is a good price as well given its condition and mileage. Also it is a limited with some nice parts on it. Definitely looks like it needs under sealing but it is good to see it before it is done. You are correct they appear to be a reputable importer/garage. I can also see why you would think it is a fresh import, the advert does read that way. Do you have any plans to mod it or are you just going to enjoy it as is?
Old 11 June 2020, 10:04 PM
Matt_STi
Scooby Regular

Just an exhaust in the future. Otherwise I love it how it is.

​​​​​​First I'll get a proper security system on it and map to UK fuel.
will try and underseal it myself then exhaust when funds allow!
Old 11 June 2020, 10:06 PM
johnoggy
Scooby Regular

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Lovley looking car, i bet you carnt wait to drive it
Old 11 June 2020, 10:20 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Do you know which turbo is on it? JDMs of that year come with VF37, the RAs etc of that year come with the VF36. As a limited did it get the VF36 as well? VF36 is the better if the 2 but max BHP from both is around the same @ 360BHP. I looked at one of these cars a few years back, visually they are not to different to the JDM of the same year but they do look better IMHO. Really nice example. Just coming into the better weather as well. Great time to be jumping back behind the wheel.
Old 12 June 2020, 04:49 PM
Karters
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! The car is nice!
Old 12 June 2020, 05:01 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Very nice mate 👍
Old 12 June 2020, 07:05 PM
pjarvis6666