Laser Jammer Group Buy - More (Great) News

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2002, 12:53 PM
Makalu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

UPDATE #2

I can confirm that the supplier of these highly recomended products has contacted me this morning and a deal has been struck... and its a cracker!

You will not be able to purchase this product at a price cheaper than this anywhere else...

Full details of the offer (and how to order etc...) will be posted sometime today or tomorrow.

In the meantime (just to wet your appetite) let me tell you that the Blinder M-10 UK Twin (re-badged over here as the Snooper SLD 920 according to the supplier - they will explain more when you order...) currently retails for anywhere between £289 and £300...

Special offer for ScoobyNetters is just £199.00.....

Watch this space for further ordering details.

UK Speed Traps had this to say when reviewing the product...

The BLINDER LASERJAMMER is high quality product manufactured in aluminium, easy to mount and easily serviced and Costs £289.95 This twin transmitter, twin detector combined unit comes standard with two IR. diode arrays and a laser detector in each IR. head. A miniature buzzer supplied can be installed inside the vehicle, and provides the audible alarm each time one of the detector heads are hit by the laser beam of a police laser gun.

They claim that the unit offers:

Complete protection against all laserguns and fotolaser traps. The IR. Detectors transmit the incoming laser pulse frequency to the computer. The computer calculates the optimal jamming pulse (APS) for the eight specially manufactured IR. jamming LED's in each head.
Automatic pulse selection for the optimal infrared jamming shield and because the jamming pulse only is transmitted in a fraction of a second, it has become possible to apply an extremely powerful returning jamming pulse signal.
Detection of the laser gun and Laser Warning Alert. The laser warning system (LWS) tells the driver, that a lasergun is operating near him.

Included the Laser Jammer kit
Twin Laser Jammer units: Cabin equipment:
Two infrared laser detectors, one in each head.
Eight infrared laser Jamming LED's, in each head.
Microprocessor with self test function.
Intelligent software.
Waterproof aluminium housing.
UV lens in front of the LED's.
On/off Bottom.
Warning alert sound system.
Complete wire harness system.
Install manual with Online Internet Help.
Registration card.
1 year warranty.

So did it work...... ?

With our boot load of Laser guns, don't ask, it not easy buying this stuff, we had to tell a few lies and spend quite a few quid, but it is possible to own your own speed detection gun.

Off to a nice quiet straight road, after all we did not want to attract too much attention, did we? We did the test by using the four main Laser Guns used in the UK, the LTI 20-20, Riegl LR 90, UltraLite LR and Prolaser II

We then drove our test car towards the guns in turn doing several runs, we targeted the numberplate and as many other parts of the cars as possible at ranges of over half a mile, so far in fact it was hard to spot the car in the sights of the guns.

All the guns had a real problem they all showed errors, the LTI went through almost all the errors it could find, none could get a speed and only some could get a distance, even at 20ft the guns could not get a speed reading, not only that, but it DID NOT bring up the LTI's Jammer indicator. Now that's very smart!

I was impressed, very impressed, I have tested other jammers and they never worked or if they did it was only on some of the readings they managed to jam the guns. The Blinder however did what they said it would do. It's a well made piece of kit, it looks good, and is made in a tough aluminium case, it came over as a high quality product, unlike the others.

So what's like in the car, well is gets rather noisy with it's warning system going, you get plenty of time to slow down at your own speed to the legal limit and then turn off the system as you continue to drive towards that rather confused copper... you could even give him time to get a speed reading of your car at the legal limit after the jammer is switched off to remove some of the suspicion.

The twin heads in this case were mounted in the grill and were not easy to spot without knowing what you were looking for.

Can we recommend it, Well..... YES, we can. It works well.

Old 17 June 2002, 01:05 PM
moresauce
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

sounds good
are they legal to use/have fitted?
how much is fitting?
any warranty?
Old 17 June 2002, 01:10 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I suspect they may breach a law about 'interfering with a police transmission', but then again optical band is an unregulated part of the spectrum (obviously -- there's no regulations about operating a torch). I don't know what class of laser it is, but if it's a hefty one you might need a licence. If it's class 1 or something I don't see any issue.
Old 17 June 2002, 01:43 PM
Dr Nick
Scooby Regular

Not meaning to get too technical but I have a concern about these devices.

It is my understanding that the majority of these devices emit a jamming signal all the time and only switch themselves off (to avoid suspicion) when a signal is detected.

Does this not mean that if you meet a car coming the other way it will trigger your detector too? Does this not mean that then, as the number of cars equipped with these increases you will get a chain reaction effect if several cars are near together with these devises fixed?

This would increase the number of false alarms considerably. The result being either you ignore it or one day the guy behind, not seeing the reason for your sudden decrease in speed, is most surprised as he crashes into the back of you.

My friend has a Bell 950 radar/laser combo detector (not jammer). It often goes off falsely whilst going under bridges and this is supposed to be one of the best detectors out there. What is causing these false signals. I have heard that some high view brake lights emit IR in the same frequency (though much weaker signal) as police lasers and that tunnels and bridges allow more of the light to reach the detector hence the problem.

Wouldn't it therefore be cheaper to mount one of these lights on the front grille - Hey Nightrider - OK now I'm getting silly.

Seriously though I'd be interested on any sensible comment on the above and at the end of the day my friend is quite interested in buying one of these. For off road use of course.
Old 17 June 2002, 02:54 PM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Cool

Err, no, it doesn't quite work like that. The device waits until the detector picks up the light emitted by the "radar" gun, at which point it "flashes" back at the "radar" gun blinding it. So, if you meet a car fitted with the device comming the opposite way neither will "flash" at the other as neither will emit a light signature like the "radar" gun. The only possible time this could happen would be if one car had its unit set off by a "radar" gun, but then both cars would be near the gun and neither reading would be incorrect.

HTH

Duncan

PS It is only a device for opening a garage door, Officer, honest!
Old 17 June 2002, 07:13 PM
jimi
Scooby Regular

I have the money waiting for this please keep me posted

JIM
Old 17 June 2002, 07:38 PM
Rice Rocket..
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Would be interested in his also let me know when and how.

Thanks

Rice Rocket
Old 17 June 2002, 08:22 PM
Sandman
Scooby Regular

Smile

I too am interested in purchasing one of these,keep me posted please
Old 17 June 2002, 08:37 PM
Dave R
Scooby Regular

Very keen.

Let me know when and how etc....

Daver
Old 17 June 2002, 09:15 PM
cube
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Me too please!!!
Old 17 June 2002, 09:23 PM
MAC76
Scooby Regular

let me know when and how too!!
Thanks
mart
Old 17 June 2002, 09:45 PM
mbc
Scooby Regular

im very interested,how easy are these to fit?

thanks

mike
Old 17 June 2002, 10:48 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

I may have misunderstood, but surely by the timer the detector detects the laser from the gun, processes the frequency of it and then turns on the jamming lamps (which must have a finite warm up time), the gun has already received the bounced signal and has your speed ? Or am I missing something here ?

Interesting none the less and totally illegal

Cheers

Ian
Old 17 June 2002, 11:04 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

As I understand from previous articals, radar detectors are not illegal as they do not transmit a signal, you are only "listening" whereas a radar jammer emits a pulse "broadcast" which is illegal. When police receive error reading which can range from nothing to crazy stuff i.e 120 in a 30 you can be stopped and you car stripped, prosecuted and the offending article conviscated.

Best of luck to those who make the purchase but don't be surprised if your stopped anyway.
Old 17 June 2002, 11:38 PM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ian

Fortunatly the flash discharge is from a capacitor, and hence very quick, and the "Radar Gun" needs to take an average over a couple of seconds to avoid false readings, hence there is time for the system to be jammed.

As stated above, these units emit light which is not illegal in the UK. However, as with all forms of detector the laws across Europe are not consistent, so be careful when going on your hols.

Duncan
Old 17 June 2002, 11:56 PM
Rice Rocket..
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

very inpressed with your knowledge Bugeyed. not just this post but others too.
Old 18 June 2002, 12:15 AM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Red face

RR

Some things I know, a lot I don't. I just try to help when I do.

Thanks anyway.

Duncan

PS Did you sort out that CEL? If so, let us all know the outcome as it may occur to someone else!
Old 18 June 2002, 12:21 AM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Duncan,

I was of the understanding that laser guns get their reading in a few tens of milliseconds, not "a couple of seconds". You may be lucky and get the laser light scattered to the detector from another car, giving your jammer time to turn on, but even so....

Capacitor or not, it still takes a finite time for an optic to be up to full operating brightness. OK, an LED is going to get there alot quicker than a normal filament bulb, but even so, I don't fancy your chances.

Also, showing light of any kind in the UK isn't illegal, but showing light (other than normal lights) from the front of a moving car is illegal under the Construction and Use laws and is also an offence because you are trying to prevent an officer of the law going about their business.

On top of that, most of the newer laser guns have jammer detection anyway. OK, you might get away with the speeding offence (3 points, few quid) but you may then face going to court over the fact you are emitting light and preventing an officer doing his job (perverting the course of justice ?)

But, hey, don't let that put anybody off.
Old 18 June 2002, 12:47 AM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Ian,

Hi. The le850 i use is also a garage door opener! Thats my excuse. I don't believe that there has been one case in uk court for using one of these devices from preventing a policeman doing his job? Or do you know otherwise? Its a tricky one cos if it jammed a signal at <30mph in a 30 zone would you be preventing a policeman from doing his job? I don't know? Is it his job to log all cars speed and prosecute those speeding, or just prove ppl speeding? I have taken the risk and as far as im concerned the evidence i have gathered makes it outweigh being caught by the gun.

Also, for the sake of this thread it has gone off with a policeman pointing a laser gun at me and i drove past, he didnt stop me. However i wasnt speeding and i have no idea if he clocked the speed. Thought about asking but decided it probably wasnt a good idea , It also frequently goes off under bridges with those fog detectors and flashing blue lights on fire engines/ambulances/coppers.

Show us someone who has made a president in court of being caught with one of these devices "preventing a policeman doing his job" and i'll reconsider. There may well be?

As you say there is nothing illlegal about emitting light, thats not illegal. This is not visible light so doesnt even touch the motoring light laws. Still im always wary if i get stopped so its basically your own choice/risk.

Cheers

Paul.

[Edited by paulwadams_my99 - 6/18/2002 12:49:05 AM]
Old 18 June 2002, 08:43 AM
Scooby Regular

Count me in - I'm happy to take the risk.

NK
Old 18 June 2002, 09:19 AM
HELLOM8
Scooby Regular

Paul,
How do you get it to open your garage door?.
I'm getting a new door fitted and protecting my licence at the same time sounds ideal.
Cheers.
Ian.
Old 18 June 2002, 09:31 AM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Im interested too.
Old 18 June 2002, 10:01 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

but showing light (other than normal lights) from the front of a moving car is illegal under the Construction and Use laws
Of course, this is infrared and your car emits all over the IR spectrum anyway (engine, brakes, aerodynamic parts, tyres, etc.). These jammers -- do they just have IR LEDs that scatter a large amount of IR all over the place (I reckon the output would have to be huge for that) or are they actually IR laser diodes? If the latter how are they 'aimed', or do they just have a diffuser to spread the beam out so it's a few metres across at a couple of hundred yards away?

If the latter, I'm sure they could amend the law to ban broadcast of coherent light
Old 18 June 2002, 10:18 AM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

No, I don't know if a such a case has come to court, not whether the construction and use laws cover light in the non (human) visable spectrum.

But I know it would be just my luck, doing 90 on a motorway, copper gets an error code, chases, pulls me over and I get the book thrown at me
Old 18 June 2002, 01:00 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Er - will it fit a bike?

Is it possible to 'move' the main unit between two vehicles (like I can with the Geodesy)?
Old 19 June 2002, 08:58 AM
BugEyed
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ian

You appear to be very worried about the legality of these units. My interpretation of the Construction and Use regulations does not say that you are not allowed other lights at the front of a car. If so, all Police Cars would be illegal, as would Taxis etc etc. As for obstructing a Police Officer, well, that is not the purpose of the unit. It is designed for opening a garage door, and if it went off accidently, so what?

The UK Speedtraps website has lots of stuff on the law, and more importantly has tested these units using the same Laser Guns as used by the Police. None of these units could get a reading, and even better, did not even warn that they were being jammed.

At the end of the day, speeding is illegal, and if you don't speed you won't get caught. Perhaps we should just get on the non-existant public transport (where I live) and save our cars for trackdays. Alternatively, I may just try and protect my licence.

Duncan
Old 19 June 2002, 11:59 AM
NDT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Very interested.....
particularly as the mobile vans keep showing up in Northants and Warks....

How easy is it to move this unit from car to car?
Presume it also detects Gatsos?

Nick
Old 19 June 2002, 12:16 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Will it give 360 degree cover? Gatso's go off behind you, so hopefully it will block those?

MB
Old 19 June 2002, 12:36 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Question

How about these things on www.racelogic.co.uk ?

They use GPS timing? Do the rozzers use them?

MB
Old 19 June 2002, 12:46 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Doubt this would work with Gatsos? Aren't Gatsos Radar (not Laser) anyway?

Quick Reply: Laser Jammer Group Buy - More (Great) News