Sponsored by:

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2018, 05:00 PM
fun2day
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Warranty

Can anyone reccommend a car warranty company?
Old 25 June 2018, 05:24 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by fun2day
Can anyone reccommend a car warranty company?
nope, your better off putting a set amount away each month/week as a slush fund
Old 26 June 2018, 06:25 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

I totally agree on above , unless it’s a dealer warranty it’s a waste of time , there is always some excuse not to pay , the only ones that can be worth while if that’s what you are looking for is AA or RAC warranty , they are normally capped at a max of 500£ and the car had to be recovered so most repairs it’s more of a contribution rather than a claim payment
Old 26 June 2018, 11:25 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...capital-r.html

OP was david O'Brien, very respected engine builder etc.
Old 26 June 2018, 12:47 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A lot of the C63 owners use and recommend Motoreasy.
Really seem to rate it and get the same level of service as a standard Merc one at about half the price.
I actually daily a C63 AMG and have a warranty simply because it has the potential to bankrupt me if it goes wrong, and any claim I've had has been easy as pie.
Was the same with my old M3 under BMW warranty, have to say that was the best customer service I've ever had from a manufacturer.
Ford on the other hand....would never have another after the debarcle with my Mk3 RS.

Unless you have a relatively new Impreza I agree it's not worth the money as it won't cover much especially modified bits.
Old 26 June 2018, 01:27 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have this warranty then, how much was it?
What sort of things have you claimed for, PM if you don't want to stick it on here.
Old 26 June 2018, 01:58 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by MrNoisy
A lot of the C63 owners use and recommend Motoreasy.
Really seem to rate it and get the same level of service as a standard Merc one at about half the price.
I actually daily a C63 AMG and have a warranty simply because it has the potential to bankrupt me if it goes wrong, and any claim I've had has been easy as pie.
Was the same with my old M3 under BMW warranty, have to say that was the best customer service I've ever had from a manufacturer.
Ford on the other hand....would never have another after the debarcle with my Mk3 RS.

Unless you have a relatively new Impreza I agree it's not worth the money as it won't cover much especially modified bits.
Agree about the bmw AUC warranty, worth it's weight in gold.

Regarding the c63......didn't they have piston issues which Merc wouldn't honour under the warranty? I vaguely remember reading about a guy with a knackered c63 which they wouldn't fix and left him with a 20k engine bill. Believe it only affected certain years

Trending Topics

Old 26 June 2018, 02:00 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

The C63's didn't have piston issues, there were a few reported issues with head bolts on the early pre facelift cars.

Last edited by urban; 26 June 2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 26 June 2018, 04:41 PM
fun2day
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an old vectra a few years back which experienced engine failure for some reason. The warranty company was quick to pay out for a rebuild. Unfortunately I can't remember who they were.
Old 24 July 2018, 12:32 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by urban
The C63's didn't have piston issues, there were a few reported issues with head bolts on the early pre facelift cars.
Correct, the early cars pre facelift (not all) had a headbolt design where the top of the bolts rusted off causing the heads to lift and gasket damage which would eventually result in hydro lock if not attended to.
Later cars had a revised design; tbh you don’t hear of many major problems other than the car’s appetite for fuel and tyres .
Old 24 July 2018, 12:34 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

You have this warranty then, how much was it?
What sort of things have you claimed for, PM if you don't want to stick it on here.
I have Tier one; first year was just over a grand. In the last 18 months I’ve had a new parking brake (they start to stick and become difficult to release; common issue apparently) and a cabin blower motor replaced due to bearing noise but no issues all paid for and they even collected and returned the car under warranty; the work and parts would probably have equated to nearly £1000 apparently.

This year’s renewal was a tad steep at £1330 so looking at Motoreasy equivalent which is £850!
Old 24 July 2018, 12:44 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

My old C63 was pretty hard on the rear tyres and very tail happy, OK, I know some of it is driver related.
The E63 is totally different for whatever reason, definitely has way more grip, OK, quite a lot wider tyres, but doesn't want to seem to destroy them in the same fashion as the C63, and I'm talking of them being driven in a similar style.
Old 24 July 2018, 02:35 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

My old C63 was pretty hard on the rear tyres and very tail happy, OK, I know some of it is driver related.
The E63 is totally different for whatever reason, definitely has way more grip, OK, quite a lot wider tyres, but doesn't want to seem to destroy them in the same fashion as the C63, and I'm talking of them being driven in a similar style.
I did a set of sportcontact rears in 6 months and the fronts in 12. Have switched to PS4’s. Far less lighting up the rears now and wear rate seems a lot better.
Old 24 July 2018, 03:40 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Had pilot super sport on the C63 when it was sold, grip definitely better then the conti's.
Fronts were still conti from when I bought it (all 4 tyres were replaced before I bought it)
I only put maybe 8K on the C63 in about 18 months.