ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Brake pads and rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2017, 10:42 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts
Default Brake pads and rotors

Had the car up on the ramp, pads and rotors looked fine but noticed that the inside had a lot of fade.

I'm thinking of changing both in case there is uneven ware due to the discs. The trouble I'm having is finding a suitable replacement at a decent price. Was looking at a few places but not sure if I'm looking in the right places.

The car is a classic with Tarox B32-6 calipers. Its the 2 piece floating disk configuration. Could it be the caliper pistons were stuck and need a good clean. Anything else to check on them
Old 06 November 2017, 12:02 AM
debbiesonic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By "fade" do you mean the grooves have faded away on the inside of the disc, or the brakes actually fade when your inside the car using the brakes?

2 piece discs are never cheap, even if you don't need bells the discs are still usually pretty expensive.

Have you tried Ian at Godspeed? He can usually supply something compatible for most set ups, and is very knowledgable for advice.
Old 07 November 2017, 08:47 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Yep groves are faded on the inside and there is discolouration. Not completely gone but enough that I want to change them.

The prices seem all over the place but thinking any that fit should be useable. Tried a few places but most haven't replied with a price etc.