ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

New terzo, bad lights

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2017, 06:56 AM
Nin120
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New terzo, bad lights

Hi People. Just got a Terzo but don't like the lights, any idea what these ones are and does anyone want the lights?

Last edited by Nin120; 05 October 2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05 October 2017, 09:28 AM
HarryB
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

They're Morettes:
http://www.morette.com/products/HEAD...EZACLASSIC.htm

I have some crystal facelift lights like this, located in Cambridge, if you fancy them?:

Old 05 October 2017, 09:29 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Those are the Morette conversion. They went for £325 un-painted in the day.

They are MILES better than the stock lights, having Cibie (or later, Hella) light units in them, which actually focused the light rather than scattering it like the stock lights do.

Having an outer, larger, pair doing dip and main beam off an H4 bulb, and a smaller inner pair doing extra main beam with an H2 bulb, they put a LOT of light out.

If the light units are good, keep'em. If not, find replacements off ebay, Hella do some now.

If you don't want to be seriously disappointed, DO NOT go back to stock lights. You have been warned
Old 06 October 2017, 11:51 PM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by alcazar
Those are the Morette conversion. They went for £325 un-painted in the day.

They are MILES better than the stock lights, having Cibie (or later, Hella) light units in them, which actually focused the light rather than scattering it like the stock lights do.

Having an outer, larger, pair doing dip and main beam off an H4 bulb, and a smaller inner pair doing extra main beam with an H2 bulb, they put a LOT of light out.

If the light units are good, keep'em. If not, find replacements off ebay, Hella do some now.

If you don't want to be seriously disappointed, DO NOT go back to stock lights. You have been warned
What he said. Those morettes are a significant improvement over stock lights.
Old 07 October 2017, 06:24 AM
Nin120
Scooby Regular

Very interesting chaps! Thank you for the info. Also have a reasonable fuel smell going on when driving, my brother mentioned possible fuel pump issue, any thoughts?
Old 07 October 2017, 07:08 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Nin120
Very interesting chaps! Thank you for the info. Also have a reasonable fuel smell going on when driving, my brother mentioned possible fuel pump issue, any thoughts?
You are running a fmic,which is mostly blocked by the number plate so likely you are also running decat?
What other mods? Bigger injectors etc...
Remapped?
You might be running rich on cruise/idle and lean on WOT??

Last edited by ossett2k2; 07 October 2017 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07 October 2017, 08:27 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

I would be worried about a fuel smell , check engine bay pipes first see if it’s damp , then follow lines back to the tank , sulphur from cats is normal a fuel smell not good , but if its just a split pipe easily solved
Old 07 October 2017, 08:29 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

check your mot history see if any thing mentioned on last mot re any issues or fuel pipe issues
Old 07 October 2017, 08:58 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

I had the fuel smell.
One day it got eye watering as I came back from the supermarket, and fumes came out of the bonnet as I turned into our drive. I popped the bonnet and was appalled to see fuel p*ssing out of the pipes that run across the bulkhead, all over the hot exhaust, turbo etc. There was a split an inch long!

I switched off and waited for the "WHOOMF" as it went up, but it didn't.

Pipes now replaced with the correct stuff, which wasn't cheap, plus new stainless clips. I think the designation is B9, but Ali B on here knows.
Old 07 October 2017, 01:47 PM
Nin120
Scooby Regular

All very helpful, thanks. Will check the lines this afternoon. I have only had the car a week and got it from a guy who had only had it for a short while (I think a matter of weeks from the log book). I don't have much history with it (mot's an engine rebuild and a dump valve ) so annoyingly don't know what's been done mod wise ( apart from front intercooler and air filter + zorst ). I guess I need to check the de cat situation out. Fuel smell isn't huge but is there! Also it has a crap aftermarket radio, what did they have from the factory?
Old 07 October 2017, 02:33 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Radios are not often that good but upgrade path is easy , halfords do double dins with bluetooth for around 105£ depending if yours is double or single din , there is a known starting issue it’s down to a pipe i don’t know details as i have never had the issue , i’m sure the web will tell you , but well worth checking all the pipes
Old 07 October 2017, 02:50 PM
Pross
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check fuel filler pipe, they rot at the bottom and seep fuel. Easy to replace.
Old 07 October 2017, 02:51 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

My old terzo suffered fuel filler pipe corrosion to the point of pi55ing out when I filled up,worth a check,also the pipes that lead to the fuel breather canister can come off so also worth a check(drivers side front headlight,if you look under you will see the black pipes going into the canister,they run close to the fmic pipes)
My guess is still rich running tho
Old 08 October 2017, 09:38 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

DV related?

OE Radio was Philips, radio-cassette.