Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2017, 10:30 AM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

Ok, so I'm on the hunt for a Type R...and was weighing up some options on things I've seen vs my dream vs reality...

the 'sensible options'..

I've seen one that's not for sale on the open market..It's almost mint, but P1 money....

Again, there's another potentially available, same condition but it's been slightly modded from stock..Ie rebuilt forged engine, bubble arches, centre pod..very, very, very low miles...again potential show car...hence lots of £'s...
It appears stock except for the arches, but these have been done properly, and it's a top quality machine..

Both of these could potentially be appreciated assets in the long term and would be easier to sell...

The 'emotional option'..

The third way is follow my dream, which would be a wide body Type R ground up build or conversion from a car that needs work..Double the expense, long timeframe, but something truly special to me, and a once in a lifetime car...Potentially harder to sell down the line though....But, for me, it would be the perfect Impreza with the right mix of power, handling, mods, looks...

Old 25 August 2017, 06:51 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Import.
Old 25 August 2017, 07:25 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

I'd do what would make me happy. If you buy one of option 1 or 2 will you look at then thinking "one day I'll have the car want..... i.e option 3) then go for it now rather than later (if it's financially viable as there's not point going into debt)

Option 4......buy option 2 as it has a forged bottom end (saves you some money down the line) enjoy it and as and when you are ready for the additional mods such as the wide arch kit have it fitted. Would be best for you to start off with a low mileage, clean car as a base rather then a tatty car which will no doubt cost the difference in purchase price to get it to the condition of option 1 or 2. (if that makes sense)
Old 25 August 2017, 08:04 PM
funkyrimpler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Import.
I've been DEEP into this, and am all over it at the moment.

Originally Posted by stevie1982
I'd do what would make me happy. If you buy one of option 1 or 2 will you look at then thinking "one day I'll have the car want..... i.e option 3) then go for it now rather than later (if it's financially viable as there's not point going into debt)

Option 4......buy option 2 as it has a forged bottom end (saves you some money down the line) enjoy it and as and when you are ready for the additional mods such as the wide arch kit have it fitted. Would be best for you to start off with a low mileage, clean car as a base rather then a tatty car which will no doubt cost the difference in purchase price to get it to the condition of option 1 or 2. (if that makes sense)
You're sort of saying what I'm thinking..
I couldn't bring myself to have the wide arch kit fitted to a beautiful shell though...One day chopping two door shells will carry a hefty prison term...and quite rightly so..
The question is, if I bought the 'standard cars', they would no doubt have superb performance, but would any little part of me always be thinking, "I wish this thing had a Kardashian" whenever i looked in the door mirror???
Then of course there's the resale..Stock rocks, and standard cars sell all day long...Not everyone likes the 22B look, or the fact that you've chopped out loads of steel....