Introduction - my first WRX

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2017, 08:21 AM
maharogus
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction - my first WRX

Hello all

Just bitten the bullet and bought my first Impreza - an '04 bugeye wagon. My other cars are a new golf (driven mainly by the missus) and an immaculate mark 1 MX5 (driven mainly by me!).

Last year we acquired two rescue dogs and needed something to transport them around in. They were ruining the golf and, clearly, didn't fit in the mazda.

We needed a cheap estate - looked at a few options but in the end I found I couldn't bring myself to buy something dull, particularly if it was going to replace the MX5.

Enter the Wagon. it's done 110k with good service history up to 80k, patchy after that but with cambelt at 100k. Fantastic bodywork and, touch wood, so far it starts and drives faultlessly. Pulls like no other car I've had.

For peace of mind t's booked in for a check over and major service at FB Tuning. I didn't pay much for it so am OK with spending a bit to freshen it up. It's got the original back box although Richard at FB noticed it's been de-catted. I'm putting cats back in with a SS non-resonated midpipe and a Prodrive back box as at the moment it has no burble. Considering a re-map too.

Hope she turns out to be a good one. My biggest concern now is that I like it so much I'll end up buying something less interesting just to lug the dogs around in!

Thanks for looking - any thoughts on any other preventative maintenance on a high-mileage blobeye welcome.