Sponsored by:

Immobiliser will not deactivate

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2017, 02:09 PM
Durdey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobiliser will not deactivate

Nipped into shop last night got out of car car wouldn't lock with key fob, came back car would nt unlock with fob put key in ignition to start car all the dash lights up hear it priming but won't start, immobiliser light next to clock isn't lighting up at all??? Replaced battery in fob still no joy .... can anyone suggest any help please ..... wrx blobeye 53 plate
Old 18 March 2017, 08:26 PM
Scoobird
Scooby Newbie

Pretty much same thing happened to me yesterday, suspected immobiliser but my battery was just running a voltage too low to start the engine, but high enough to power everything else.
Old 18 March 2017, 09:39 PM
Durdey
Scooby Newbie

I will try car battery tomorrow but I ve had a battery die on me before and it didn't stop key fob from working plus I d just been driving for 40 mins before stopping .... hope it's just the battery I've made a few phone calls to auto electricians and there not keen on having a look lol
Old 18 March 2017, 09:52 PM
mick_tvr
Scooby Regular

Same thing happened to me two weeks ago, parked up and 10 mins later the immobilser wouldn't deactivate and fob wouldn't work. I managed to turn the immobilser off with the key pad to the right of the steering wheel.
The spare keyfob worked ok when i got home but even with a new battery in the original it would not work without recoding it.You do need the code for the key pad though

See here...https://www.scoobynet.com/security-1...a-key-fob.html

Mick
Old 18 March 2017, 10:14 PM
Durdey
Scooby Newbie

I'm not sure the code that came on the sticker is still correct or that my key pad is faulty as when I try to enter code the light flashes once then flashes 5 time quickly after every number you enter. My spare key fob has never worked since I've had the car ...break down guy changed battery in my key fob ... does that mean it now needs reprogramming??
Old 18 March 2017, 10:52 PM
mick_tvr
Scooby Regular

Yes looks like it needs reprogramming !

Mick
Old 19 March 2017, 07:06 PM
Durdey
Scooby Newbie

Jumped car off and all is well in the world again.... reprogrammed both keys and changed my pin on key pad happy days, thank s for all the advice guys