Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

JDM aerial

Old 18 February 2017, 06:10 PM
Chris7
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM aerial

Help please anyone know of a way to replace the JDM aerial on a blobeye as I have a dab head unit and the stick on aerial Is useless . I have purchased an upgrade for the bee sting type the JDM has but cannot find a way to access it as there appears to be a welded bar under the roof lining that covers and seals where the aerial comes through the roof . I understand this is specific to the JDM blobeye but any help would be great fully appreciated thanks
Old 20 February 2017, 03:32 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

can you see where the wire goes to the current roof aerial ? is it not a case of changing the aerial part of the bee sting aerial they can be bought on ebay , if the base of the aerial is covered what about a small hole in the support to access it to unscrew and change it , other option is buy a specific in car aerial and plumb that in , if it has an electrical booster then i'm not committing to how good the boosters are i've not had much luck with them , on the fsti there were two internal aerials which i plumbed together and it worked
Old 20 February 2017, 06:12 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris7
Help please anyone know of a way to replace the JDM aerial on a blobeye as I have a dab head unit and the stick on aerial Is useless . I have purchased an upgrade for the bee sting type the JDM has but cannot find a way to access it as there appears to be a welded bar under the roof lining that covers and seals where the aerial comes through the roof . I understand this is specific to the JDM blobeye but any help would be great fully appreciated thanks
I'm assuming this is a wagon, as the saloon uses the same aerial in the rear screen defogger as UK cars..................

Search this Thread